Author Topic: Sherco Team heading to Dakar  (Read 3718 times)

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sherco Team heading to Dakar
« on: December 27, 2016, 03:21:49 PM »
Clay Stuckey
Sherco Offroad  www.shercooffroad.com
email: clay@shercooffroad.com
cell: 615 347 6519
Tennessee, USA

Greny

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sherco Team heading to Dakar
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 10:35:41 AM »
Sherco 300 4t 2015
Yam 43f 1984
Yam 34l 1984
Triumph Bonneville 865'07

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 04:38:51 PM »
Sherco's Joan Pedrero leading at the end of the first day!
Clay Stuckey
Tennessee, USA

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 04:39:40 PM »
Video from Enduro 21. Look at the truck doing donuts at 1:57!   :o
https://youtu.be/kvo_LD77Mwc
Clay Stuckey
Tennessee, USA

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 03:00:24 PM »
From today's stage

"Joan had a very good special and a good stage overall, he finished only 8'09" behind the stage winner and is still very well placed in the top 10 at 6'46"behind the leader”, said team manager David Casteu. “Tomorrow (Wednesday), he will start from an ideal position for a very long special. A big day is waiting for him where anything will be possible. Yesterday there was a lot of emotion, the whole nine member Sherco TVS Factory Rally Team celebrated Joan's stage victory. It was a celebration of the success of our very efficient and united team that is providing support for Joan. It reminded me of my victory in the first stage of the 2010 Dakar riding a Sherco. "

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 03:11:54 PM »
A cool side story, I was lucky enough to race with Petr "Angelo" Vlcek 126 and Carlos Gracida 90 at the 2016 Baja Rally. We all more or less had the same pace/navigation prowess throughout the rally and they were the only other two people I saw for most of the race. That being the case and that we were out in the middle of nowhere, after a day or so they became my best friends with whom I'd hardly ever spoken.
Coming across one of them or being passed after hours of not seeing another soul was always a treat to know I wasn't completely alone.

Today, Carlos had an incident in some mud and was unable to get his bike to start. Angelo stopped to offer assistance and was able to tow Carlos and get his bike to fire again. That is a huge show of sportsmanship as it costs six figures to race Dakar on a bike and not finishing one day means you are out. Angelo was unable to finish Baja Rally due to dehydration/heat exhaustion on the last day and had to be airlifted from the course. Carlos and I crossed the finish line about 30 seconds apart.

Angelo

"Yes, I did. He crashed in mud and bike wasn't starting so I drag start him. They lost my time card at gas stop so I lost 3 minutes there and at least 5-6 minutes with Carlos "

Carlos

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 03:13:35 PM by VxZeroKnots »

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 06:51:04 AM »
A Dakar update comes on at 4:30 CST on NBC sports and I caught it yesterday. A lot of guys were falling in a big water hole including one of the Sherco riders. They looked like that had never seen water before.
Clay Stuckey
Tennessee, USA

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 07:59:48 AM »
Clay, any insder scoop on why Alain Duclos isn't racing for Sherco this year? I suspect his real job got in the way but that is what always made him one of my favorites.

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 01:52:34 PM »
Hello friends it has been a very long time! The first part of the special era was very complicated with very difficult tracks to find, fesh fesh, many rivers and all very broken. Despite having lost some time, has been able to keep up the pace and slowly recovering. The second part of the complication came from the height but he controlled it well. Tomorrow we continue in height, dunes and 4000 m !!

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 03:31:27 PM »
2017 DAKAR - STAGE 4 : SAN SALVADOR DE JUJUY - TUPIZA
The aventure continues for Pedrero and Metge !
The riders have arrived in Bolivia, which is around 3500 m, the Dakar has reached the "cruising altitude" where it will be racing for the next six days. In today's stage the riders had to race through dunes that required expert handling skills they also encountered many directional changes, they really suffered in this 4th stage. Both of the Sherco TVS Factory Rally Team riders did however arrive safely.
Joan Pedrero finished in 57th place in this stage at 1:27:54 '' behind the winner and is in 28th place in the general classification at 2:01:01 '' behind the leader.
Adrien Metge, finished in 42nd place in this stage at 1:09:24 '', he is now in 56th place in the general, at 3:43:07 '' behind the leader.
This Friday, the 5th stage will be held on the Bolivian Altiplano, between Tupiza and Oruro (692 km with a 447 km special).

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 08:14:51 AM »
Clay, any insder scoop on why Alain Duclos isn't racing for Sherco this year? I suspect his real job got in the way but that is what always made him one of my favorites.
I don't know what happened with him.
Did you see the pic of Toby Price? He had a bad crash just before the end of the stage yesterday and he didn't look good.
They said he may have broken his leg. I hope he's ok. He seems to be a good guy.
Clay Stuckey
Tennessee, USA

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 09:31:04 AM »
Yeah price is out with a broken femur.

VxZeroKnots