Author Topic: No more Sherco Canada  (Read 19590 times)

Revyrider

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
No more Sherco Canada
« on: June 30, 2017, 07:27:53 AM »
This was posted on facebook yesterday. Hope Clay will start shipping parts to Canada. Or maybe someone else will step up. Bummed!!

Sherco Canada have decided not to continue import / distribution of Sherco products under the present conditions / contract with Sherco France.

Marty
Revelstoke, B.C. Canada
2014 Sherco 300 se/r
2015 Yamaha YZ 450r Snowbike

jamracing

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: No more Sherco Canada
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 07:34:46 AM »
That's pretty extreme to stop selling bikes to an entire country...must have been a big blow-up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
New to the blue
2017 300 SE-R

bobby

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 08:13:25 AM »
I dont understand whats happen  :'(

Sherco need to find another importer

What the canadien dealer gonna do?

We need parts!!

I send a mail to sherco France with hope to put pressure

scottyr

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 08:34:19 AM »
An interim Parts Distribution system is in the works right now.  CDN Sherco owners will not be left out in the cold. 

jamracing

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 09:27:54 AM »
An interim Parts Distribution system is in the works right now.  CDN Sherco owners will not be left out in the cold.
Until around November when it gets cold...
New to the blue
2017 300 SE-R

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 11:31:37 AM »
A lot of you saw the post yesterday from Billiard about closing and offering to sell parts to US customers. I asked the administrator to remove the post because that is in violation with Bob's contract with Sherco and he removed the post. I've talked to Rob Lang and have agreed to sell him parts at my cost. I have also sent an email to Sherco encouraging them to sell parts to Rob until they find a new distributor. Canadian Sherco dealers and customers will not be without parts.
The reason that the Canadian distributor is shutting down has to do with currency exchange issues that are unique to Canada. Sherco just moved into a new 100,000 sq. ft facility and I just got confirmation from my bank that they will finance two containers at a time. The situation in Canada should not reflect negatively on Sherco or and any other distributor or dealer. I understand that on some of the other forums my ex-partner is using the Canadian situation to stir up rumors about myself and Sherco in general. Obviously Sherco plans to expand production significantly or they would not have moved into a much bigger facility. I plan to sell twice as many motorcycles in 2018 as I did in 2017. All is good in the Sherco world (except Canada).
Clay Stuckey
Sherco Offroad  www.shercooffroad.com
email: clay@shercooffroad.com
cell: 615 347 6519
Tennessee, USA

cdnsherco

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 06:50:37 AM »
Thanks Clay! I spoke with Rod and he is very optimistic about what may unfold in the near future regarding Sherco in Canada. This is the best bike I have ridden and raced, so I am hoping this is just a bump in the road to better things.
2016 250 SE-R Six Days
SW Ontario

Revyrider

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 07:59:04 AM »
Very happy to hear that we will not be left out in the cold! Gotta think that Sherco will find a Canadian distributor, I'm gonna a new bike of these days and I don't like orange.
Marty
Revelstoke, B.C. Canada
2014 Sherco 300 se/r

Revyrider

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 05:46:42 AM »
Latest news:

Sherco Canada

17 hrs

Sherco Canada Follow up:

We have received many inquiries regarding the future of Sherco in Canada and why are we stopping with Sherco.

We felt compelled to make a statement in the absence of anything from the manufacturer.

It is our sole business to import and distribute in North America for manufacturers. Sherco knows this but has not extended us a viable contract to to continue with the 2018 model year. Therefore we must stop!

We had concentrated over the last year to do everything we could to continue with Sherco. We can tell you that we exhausted every avenue to secure a new contract, we proposed numerous contract options, a contract that made business sense and a contract that would address and insure past business commitments by Sherco. Status quo was not acceptable with us.

We had implored Sherco to have a plan or statement ready for the dealers and customers in Canada by July 1 if we could not come to an agreement. We are still waiting on their communication, we do not know any more than you. We would have preferred a smooth handover but it was not to be.

We can assist Sherco in providing parts until they have a plan for Canada but they have not approached us to say or do anything. We communicated to them via phone and email almost daily in the last two weeks of June but there was never any substantial progress.

We can tell you it is our belief that obtaining Sherco parts won't be an issue in the future but you will have to hear that from Sherco or a representative of Sherco to confirm. We cannot guarantee that.

Without a contract or plan from Sherco we must sell our parts stock. You have our communication for this in a previous posting.

Please contact Sherco France at sherco.com for their plans for Canada, hopefully they will communicate sooner than later.

Marty
Revelstoke, B.C. Canada
2014 Sherco 300 se/r

whiskyshooter

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 06:20:04 AM »
This sucks. Just found a really nice sherco trials bike in want. . Now I'm afraid to go with the brand for the uncertainty of parts support for Canada. . Sherco needs to step up and resolve this ..

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 08:10:27 AM »
This sucks. Just found a really nice sherco trials bike in want. . Now I'm afraid to go with the brand for the uncertainty of parts support for Canada. . Sherco needs to step up and resolve this ..
Don't you think they're trying to? You don't lose a dealer one day and replace him the next. You certainly don't lose a distributor one day and replace him quickly. It will take time so please be patient. I don't understand the concern for parts. We (the distributors) all agree not to sell parts to other countries but I have said I would to support you guys and I have not heard from Sherco not to sell parts to Rob Lang. I believe they may even agree to sell parts directly to Rob until they find someone. You will not be left without parts.
Clay Stuckey
Tennessee, USA

whiskyshooter

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 09:16:41 AM »
I totally understand it's not an over night process. . I would still be nice if there was an official word from them saying so.. As long as even if there is nothing in Canada we can still get parts from the usa

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 06:55:53 PM »
I totally understand it's not an over night process. . I would still be nice if there was an official word from them saying so.. As long as even if there is nothing in Canada we can still get parts from the usa
The French acknowledging that they may have had a part in something that possibly went wrong? LOL!!! They build the best motorcycles in the world but humility ain't in their nature!
Clay Stuckey
Tennessee, USA

devans

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 03:01:39 AM »
The French acknowledging that they may have had a part in something that possibly went wrong? LOL!!! They build the best motorcycles in the world but humility ain't in their nature!
Half of Canada is French too 😀. Maybe it would be best for Sherco if the distributor was French Canadian. Communication should be easier.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:23:02 PM by devans »
2015 300 SEF-R Factory
Australia

ShercoPilot

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Milkshake Racing
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 05:11:37 AM »
I'm sure Sherco can't get rid of Bob Billyard fast enough. It is a widely shared opinion that he has been horrible for the brand.
For all his threats and big talk directed at this customer, he never fixed my bike. He stated publicly that he had all the parts and would fix my bike but he didn't. He said he would ship a wiring harness but wouldn't. He forced me to sell my 10 month old bike and buy a new one.
Now he is trying to undercut the American importer, although I suspect he will have little success. Clay Stuckey, the American importer, commands a type of respect and loyalty from American Sherco customers that Billyard could only dream of (if he actually cared).
So, Fuck Bob Billyard. Good riddance. Hopefully the new importer will follow Clay's example providing dedicated, high quality support! Clay offered me many solutions in my time of warranty distress. Bob just passes the buck.
Also, I don't think we should expect too much word from France until the cancer is fully removed.
I know it's causing a little distress in Canadian Sherco community, but I think we can all be confident that a new, and vastly improved situation, with a new importer will arise soon. Even the Bank of Canada made a move yesterday to raise the value of our currency to help the new importer. Apparently the federal government has been holding back our economy until Bob left Sherco.
2014 250SER  (sold)
2015 250SER Factory Edition (sold)
2016 300SER Factory Edition (waiting for warranty resolution)
2017 300SER

Eastern Canada

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCnIo30qQMVV5iSF0yhqDIPw