Author Topic: 2018 Sherco 300 SE-R Unboxing and First Ride!  (Read 3526 times)

papa_j

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Sherco 300 SE-R Unboxing and First Ride!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2017, 02:20:30 PM »
I was into the video until you referred to being a "bitch" and the "bitch" way around the hill climb.  If you are looking for a more diverse audience for your you tube channel you may want to find a gender neutral term to characterize your inability to climb a hill. 

I think you are going to be really happy with the dirt bike.   
Farmington, NM, USA

woodybepierced

• Junior
  • Always enjoy a Pint Full of Awesome!
    • View Profile
    • Seat Time
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 08:54:45 AM »
I was into the video until you referred to being a "bitch" and the "bitch" way around the hill climb.  If you are looking for a more diverse audience for your you tube channel you may want to find a gender neutral term to characterize your inability to climb a hill. 

Good call out. Strangely enough this weekend I caught myself trying to curse less while riding for that very reason. Hopefully I can get my 'stuff' together for an attempt at a broader audience. We shall see!
Purveyor of Awesome, Host of Seat Time
http://seattime.co

alang

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 01:53:41 PM »
Jake and Rich rode my bike saturday; they thought forks were harsh.  I rode Rich's bike with Kreft forks,
and they felt really plush but firm.  I prefer the Sherco motor for sure over the KTM.  I may do some fork
work soon.
2017 Sherco 300 2T Factory
2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory
2019 Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon R
Azle, Texas

LOM

• Expert
  • Colorado Springs, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 07:34:50 PM »

Good call out. Strangely enough this weekend I caught myself trying to curse less while riding for that very reason. Hopefully I can get my 'stuff' together for an attempt at a broader audience. We shall see!
I can see now that you're a bitch on and off the trail  ;D
Everyone calm down, I'm just kidding  :-X
2014 Sherco 250 SE-R

Twerp

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 12:34:01 AM »

Jesussss HUGS all around for those offended  :o :o :o :o  Only a vaj would get offended by the term bitch. Hell I know chicks who say worse I think you'll be fine lol jm2c.. Nice site btw

woodybepierced

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Seat Time
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 06:31:36 AM »

Y'ALL ARE ALL AWESOME! Thanks for finding the fun in the good times!!! Now, let's go drink a beer...

hawaii500_1999

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2017, 06:36:37 AM »
thanks for posting this video.

i am considering buying this exact bike.  and i have a question about the handling.

does it handle like a European bike?  with that tall, long feel?  or does it handle more like a Japanese Mxer?

i spent most my bike riding years on Japanese MXers and recently on an 09 KTM 250 xc.  i like the quick turning handling as opposed to that tall long, (riding a sawhorse,) feel of European bikes.

Mike
from NORCAL.

bhuizer

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 08:10:15 AM »
It's been stated that the Sherco's are the "Suzuki's" of offroad bikes in regards to the way they turn compared to other European brands. I'll let others elaborate who have more experience than myself.
Current:
2019 Husky TX300

Former:
2017 Sherco 300 SEF-R
2015 Sherco 250 SE-R

Monroe, Iowa

woodybepierced

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Seat Time
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 11:13:18 AM »
thanks for posting this video.

i am considering buying this exact bike.  and i have a question about the handling.

does it handle like a European bike?  with that tall, long feel?  or does it handle more like a Japanese Mxer?

i spent most my bike riding years on Japanese MXers and recently on an 09 KTM 250 xc.  i like the quick turning handling as opposed to that tall long, (riding a sawhorse,) feel of European bikes.

Mike
from NORCAL.

The 450 I was on earlier this year, I left the forks where they were in the triple clamps. For the 300 I just got, I felt I needed to bring the forks up one line on the triple clamps. Granted, I know that's only a few millimeters, but that made a big difference for me.

Another weird difference between the two bikes. On the 450, the only time I felt I had to screw the stops in on the head tube was the tight switchbacks in CO. On the 300, I needed to adjust them after the first ride. I have screwed them all the way in.

Those are nit picky adjustments, but just being transparent. I do feel the bike turns well. I know as I get myself even more settled with the suspension, I'll probably start saying it's the "suzuki" of offroad bikes when it comes to turning ;)

BrendonKyte

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2020, 01:38:03 PM »
Hey Woody, that wheel you dirtied up on the bike I have now... When ya gonna clean it?

The slightly more powerful Sherco SE-F R shares many of the same parts ?