Author Topic: 2020 Sherco SEF 500 Factory Update.  (Read 1428 times)

Sfade

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2020 Sherco SEF 500 Factory Update.
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 02:16:03 PM »
I am very particular about ergonomics when it comes to my motorcycles and mtbikes.  Bar positioning being a very frustrating item I spend so much time figuring out.  I am 5.11 but have a 35" inseam--so more leg than arms.  So when I stand up I'm tall but have to bend more to reach the bars.  My 300 SEF was so low.  I put MAKO bar clamps on, switched to a slightly higher rise Renthal and MAKO specific spacers/risers (1.25").  Feels pretty good when standing, but when sitting my hands are about level with my elbows.  That doesn't give me the leverage I want to muscle the bike around.  I need to lower the stack height to get a slight downward slope from elbow to hands.  This will also move the bars fwd slightly and force me to move up on the seat which I'm too far back right now  I will just need to bend knees and hinge further to reach bars. 

Here's how nuts I am about this.  I ordered 5x Pro Tapers bars in various bends to determine best rise and sweep for my other bike, KTM 250XC.  I have MAKO mounts on there which will leave no marks on the bars so I return as unused.  I plan to mount each with just the lock on grips and figure out the best bar for me.  Hours of swapping around but my OCD drives me to this.  I ordered from Revzilla and will just return the 4x bars I don't choose for $8 shipping.  It's the only way to truly know what works best. 
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory
2019 KTM 250XC
2019 KTM 690 Enduro

burner25!

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2020 Sherco SEF 500 Factory Update.
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 11:02:00 AM »
Out for a few more hours today! Bikes been good no problems, only slight niggle was its hard to fine neutral unless rolling forwards . But thatís it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk