Author Topic: correct tightening torque  (Read 204 times)

Mischa

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
correct tightening torque
« on: October 02, 2019, 11:48:14 PM »
Hi All

I have a SEF-R 300 Factory 2014 and as I broke off a screw last night, I was wondering about the correct torque settings. What is the correct torque for the two M8 screws that hold the mounting of front brake caliper to the left fork?

Also, similar question, what is the correct torque for the front wheel nut and the front axle screw? Here, the user manual says 25 Nm for the front wheel nut and 12 Nm for the axle screw, while the workshop manual says 40 Nm for the axle bolt and 15 Nm for the axle bolts.

Many thanks
Mischa

« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 12:34:19 AM by Mischa »

erdat

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: correct tightening torque
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 09:47:59 PM »
Hello Mischa,
yes there is this discrepancy, I use 12 Nm on the axle bolt and 40Nm on the front wheel nut. After mounting the front tyre, I tighten the left (non-brake) side axel bolt just that the axel won't turn when tighten the wheel nut, Then I loosen both left axel nuts again. Work the fork, then tighten to torque values the axel nuts. I use interchangeable turns on the axel nuts, not more than a quarter turn each time When I get close to the paint marks I use the torque wrench. Hope some one with more qualification can contribute as well. Thanks,
Erdat
'15 SE-R 250
Ankara, Turkey