Author Topic: Time for answers from Sherco USA!!!  (Read 1383 times)

Harry Potter

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Time for answers from Sherco USA!!!
« on: January 13, 2020, 09:21:49 PM »
So who is now keeping this forum running? When does Sherco Enduro distribution move to Texas or has it already  happened? Does the owner of Sherco Factory One Race Team also own RYPUSA? Brads gone and Ryan is now an employee? The magazine tractionerag.ca gets it that the vast majority of dirt bike owners don't race, why can't Sherco France at least make an effort to understand the North American rider? Or is Sherco France just to arrogant? Why write off the Baby Boomer market? These are just some of the questions most prospective purchasers have and they are going to buy Beta instead if not answered. Sorry Sherco USA sure there is pride in owning a Cody Webb signature bike but spending millions on riders is not what most prospective owners care about. I think a Beta must have hired the right researchers to figure this out, it's called blinkers.
I'm in the basket, a "Reprobate."

eagle

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Time for answers from Sherco USA!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 09:57:00 PM »
It must be a Worldwide thing mate, it seems to be going the same way down here ;) I think you are right the French can be arrogant but the worst thing is they won't admit when there wrong or not listening to the people that buy there product !
I thought you might have mentioned Jotagas ? i wish we had an alternative like that down here, now that KTM has taken control of GasGas it really means there are about 3-4 dirtbike manufactures :(
I really thing Beta, Sherco & who ever should realise they can't compete with KTM number wise, so they should just cater to the market they could keep, not make there buyers want to swap brands all the time ?
KTM 453
 Sherco 6Day 300i
Old man out there having fun;):)!
Nyora Victoria
Australia

Harry Potter

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 05:09:57 AM »
I copied this from advrider:

Saw this thread and read some rumors which did not square with what I thought was the case. I called Ryan Young.

Ryan said, "I'm still a co owner and RYP is THE Sherco importer and still entirely based in Louisville, KY. It's all here and the same only Brad sold out his part to Ron Sallman (Texas), who has been investing a lot of money in the business, particularly the Enduro side. We are selling a ton of Enduro and trials bikes and parts and we are selling only to dealers now."

The large dealer NTX - which was under Clay Stucky, had a big inventory of parts and sold a lot on line - essentially went out of business and got acquired. I failed to ask - doh! - who acquired NTX. It's in Texas and I don't know if Ron Sallman had anything to do with that as well.

ntxoffroad

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 07:32:47 AM »

The large dealer NTX - which was under Clay Stucky, had a big inventory of parts and sold a lot on line - essentially went out of business and got acquired.
[/quote]

This has got to be the best thing I have heard all year. We were running strong and had no intentions of going anywhere but did get a offer to sale the Sherco portion of our business and it was the right decision to make for us. Ron nor anybody at RYP had anything to do with the buy out of my store, that I can assure you all of. A very large KTM dealer near me decided they wanted to become a Sherco dealer. With me as a small one man operation it was completely dumb for me to try and compete with somebody that controls the local market, can put 30 Shercos on the floor and simply dominates the local race scene. One thing I can tell you is that I actually have time to ride on the weekends

bone_scar

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 11:42:07 AM »
NTX OffRoad was doing a terrific job pushing the Sherco, but they did a smart thing for Sherco. Now one of the largest KTM dealers in the DFW metro area is a Sherco dealer. I bought my new 250se-f last week. Was nice to walk in and see so many new Shercos on the floor and a wall of parts OEM and aftermarket available to buy (although my wallet would disagree). I am looking forward to this race season and riding the Sherco.

Harry Potter

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 07:56:08 AM »

The large dealer NTX - which was under Clay Stucky, had a big inventory of parts and sold a lot on line - essentially went out of business and got acquired.

This has got to be the best thing I have heard all year. We were running strong and had no intentions of going anywhere but did get a offer to sale the Sherco portion of our business and it was the right decision to make for us. Ron nor anybody at RYP had anything to do with the buy out of my store, that I can assure you all of. A very large KTM dealer near me decided they wanted to become a Sherco dealer. With me as a small one man operation it was completely dumb for me to try and compete with somebody that controls the local market, can put 30 Shercos on the floor and simply dominates the local race scene. One thing I can tell you is that I actually have time to ride on the weekends
[/quote]

Hi I met your outfit at Revlimiter last February and was really impressed. Are you selling any bikes now, Beta anything? Any dirt rider that has Kurt Cobain as an Avatar must be a great guy.

ntxoffroad

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 12:20:52 PM »
Thanks we really enjoy the Revlimiter and had a great time there. We do not currently have any other line as of right now but follow along our Facebook and IG and if something changes we will post it there first.

rzinger

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 05:53:41 AM »
Folks - I used to order OEM parts from Clay's online store and it was awesome - it's been offline for way too long.  Is there a new link or what is the best bet to order parts?  I live in Asia so I need to have them mail ordered to my US home for forwarding (e.g. I can't drive to a dealer).

Thanks in advance

Dave

alang

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 01:21:14 PM »
Straight Line Racing in Arlington (between Dallas & Fort Worth) is a Sherco dealer.
3DX Motorsports in Azle seems to continue to also be a Sherco dealer.
2017 Sherco 300 2T Factory
2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory
2019 Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon R
Azle, Texas

LOM

• Expert
  • Colorado Springs, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 01:49:32 PM »
So basically we went from the complaint of "too few of dealers" to oversaturating regions with dealers and forcing long standing dealers out.  Interesting news.
2014 Sherco 250 SE-R

papa_j

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2020, 02:04:26 PM »
So basically we went from the complaint of "too few of dealers" to oversaturating regions with dealers and forcing long standing dealers out.  Interesting news.

I think the complaint is, "We went from being able to call Clay and get parts in three days at a reasonable price to who do we call, what is the price, do they have it, and what is the mark up going to be?"  If the traffic counter on the web site has any correlation to interest in the brand there seems to be a lot more interest but the service has taken a dive. 
Farmington, NM, USA

Dangermouse

• Intermediate
  • Everything looks better when you're on a dirtbike
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 02:19:18 AM »
So who is now keeping this forum running? When does Sherco Enduro distribution move to Texas or has it already  happened? Does the owner of Sherco Factory One Race Team also own RYPUSA? Brads gone and Ryan is now an employee? The magazine tractionerag.ca gets it that the vast majority of dirt bike owners don't race, why can't Sherco France at least make an effort to understand the North American rider? Or is Sherco France just to arrogant? Why write off the Baby Boomer market? These are just some of the questions most prospective purchasers have and they are going to buy Beta instead if not answered. Sorry Sherco USA sure there is pride in owning a Cody Webb signature bike but spending millions on riders is not what most prospective owners care about. I think a Beta must have hired the right researchers to figure this out, it's called blinkers.
When did Sherco forget the Boomers??
They can buy one of the 14 Enduro models or the half dozen or so SC versions from any dealer...
I don't understand your reasoning there.

I'm 52 and on a 300 4t in Australia, it's my second one. I bought the first one after Matt Phillips won the world Enduro championship on one and figured if an overweight Aussie can muscle 1 to win the championship, then it will exceed what I need it to do (and it does)
Fact is Racing, and more importantly, winning shows what the product can do, also maybe what the competition can't do.
Promotion is important for any brand.
2019 300 SEF Factory
2011 TE449
Admin - Sherco Riders & Owners FB group
Just an old quick trail rider having a go.
From Qld Australia 🌏