Author Topic: Bump Starting A 2020 300 SEF Factory?  (Read 764 times)

Trailrider383

• Junior
    • View Profile
Bump Starting A 2020 300 SEF Factory?
« on: March 23, 2020, 09:18:31 AM »
I just noticed I can't bump start my 2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory on a hill. WTF? It will do it if you try it within a few seconds of killing the engine while the relay is still powering up the system. (Indicated by the headlight still being on) I guess I need to study the wiring diagram for a way to work around that stupid design.
Scenario: The starter dies but the battery is still good. No kickstarter. So I have to bump start the bike. I assume hitting the starter button will wake up the system to provide power to run the fuel injection and ignition so the bike will start?

erdat

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Bump Starting A 2020 300 SEF Factory?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 10:13:31 AM »
I don't think that you get anything out of the wiring diagram. I reckon it is an ECU thing.

By the way, if my memory serves me correct, there was a post on this issue, and one way was initially to hit the start button, which results in turing on the electrical system and.only after that you can bump start the bike.
Erdat
'15 SE-R 250
Ankara, Turkey

bandicoot

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 10:12:24 PM »
I don't think that you get anything out of the wiring diagram. I reckon it is an ECU thing.

By the way, if my memory serves me correct, there was a post on this issue, and one way was initially to hit the start button, which results in turing on the electrical system and.only after that you can bump start the bike.
Erdat

True !!
As you bumping it hit the button to wake up the ECU

Dangermouse

• Expert
  • Everything looks better when you're on a dirtbike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 03:50:01 AM »

Erdat

True !!
As you bumping it hit the button to wake up the ECU
Yes, this is the key....
Get the engine spinning freely, then touch the start button to let the ecu know you want it to run.
2019 300 SEF Factory
2011 TE449
Admin - Sherco Riders & Owners FB group
Just an old quick trail rider having a go.
From Qld Australia 🌏