Author Topic: SEF 300 2015 MAGNETIC DRAIN BOLT snapped and small part left inside chamber  (Read 360 times)

hpemikoc

• Novice
    • View Profile
Hello

during oil change magnetic drain bolt snapped i small tip 3x4mm including magnet left inside chamber.

Do you thin it is necessary to disassemble Crankcase and remove bolt in order to prevent bigger damage?

Shercorider300ser

• Novice
    • View Profile
I would imagine it could cause some serious damage if left in there. Try a magnet on a string or one of the telescopic ones to fish it out of there.

hpemikoc

• Novice
    • View Profile
fallen part has still bit of M10 tread on so it will be not possible to remove trough any of the oil draining holes.
I marked supposed location of snapped part by red X and that part of Crankcase does not contain any gears and looks enclosed to me to some degree so it should be able to stop part to freely move to different chamber .
However i do not know  how big gaps are actually on because i have only 2D picture as reference 

Shercorider300ser

• Novice
    • View Profile
I guess if you could pick a spot for it to be stuck in that's the one lol. Personally itd scare the heck of of me. Nothing is worse than being 20miles in the woods and finally having that part jam or break something just to leave you stranded. Just my 2 cents.

mips

• Novice
    • View Profile
Is the drain bolt hollow? I don't see any case threads so it looks like the hollow bolt shaft sheared off flush. It won't be too hard to get that bolt out.