Author Topic: Se r 250t factory 2018 fan installation  (Read 116 times)

Butty sugrue

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Se r 250t factory 2018 fan installation
« on: May 30, 2020, 01:45:20 PM »
Hi I have just bought a soak fan kit for my bike but canít seem to find the fan wire on the bike only a 2 wire version of the 3 wire one supplied is this right if so which wires need to be connected as it fit both sides of it or is there a different wire that Iím not seeing

ditezz

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Se r 250t factory 2018 fan installation
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 11:19:25 PM »
 I have a  2017 Sefr and the fan plug was shoved into the wire loom underneath the tank.It was clearly marked FAN.I didn't use the factory kit but bought a spalls fan and a relay and harness from aJaycar (Australia).The ECu turns the fan on.The plug wires will have 12v,Earth and nothing.I connected the relay coil to the 12v and the wire with nothing on it to the other side of the relay coil.Run a heavier wire from the battery to on side of the relay contact and the other side of the contact to the fan .Run a the neg of the fan back to the battery.The temp sensor tells the ecu to switch to frame which pulls the relay in in turn feeds the fan.I hope this is as clear as Mud . lol.Good luck

erdat

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Se r 250t factory 2018 fan installation
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 01:19:02 PM »
Check out the parts manuel, You need item 24 part number 3577.  This is the harness that will run the fan based on the water temp. The ECU will do the job.

SEF 2017 workshop has the electrical diagram of the harness. Based on that diagram you can make your own harness.

You can also connect the fan directly to the battery using a switch and of course a fuse (5A). Then you would need to manually turn and off the fan.

Cheers,
Erdat
'15 SE-R 250
Ankara, Turkey