Author Topic: 500 SCF WOW!!!!!!  (Read 359 times)

cheeseberger

• Novice
    • View Profile
500 SCF WOW!!!!!!
« on: June 13, 2020, 08:25:49 PM »
Hello all

Just what I needed, another motorcycle.  It's a good thing that the correct number of motorcycles is one more than you currently own.  I just sold 3 Husaberg 650's (still have one) so I figured I should get something.  I love my Sherco 2 stokes.  The guy took me on a great ride and let me see if I liked the 500 before I bought it, incredibly generous offer.  Well, I bought it, a 2019 500 SCF.  I took it out today in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah and did 70 miles of mostly singletrack.  I can't believe how nimble and easy to ride the bike is.  The KYB suspension is pretty awesome, haven't even checked the sag yet.  The power is very controllable. It doesn't have the grunt of the 650 berg and I can't wheelie sections on the 500 yet like I could on the 650's but I think that will come.  I need different bars and to get the suspension dialed a little.  It's a gorgeous bike too.  Still had lots of gas left. 

I swapped bikes and rode my buddies 2018 KTM 450XCF that is ported, 6th gear added, Kreft suspension, and very well setup and the Sherco felt so much better.  I can't believe how well the 500 turns.  I think I'm in love.

cheeseberger

alang

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 500 SCF WOW!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 04:52:26 AM »
BN = BH +1  ;D
2017 Sherco 300 2T Factory
2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory
2019 Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon R
Azle, Texas

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 07:08:07 PM »
You're a hoarder!

I still have some random plastics and bits I'm keeping for you next time I'm able to make it to Moab!

cheeseberger

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 08:52:22 PM »
Sweet. I would’ve bought yours too if I would’ve seen it quick enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 06:28:25 AM »
Ha! I almost sent you a text just to see  ;D

Dangermouse

• Intermediate
  • Everything looks better when you're on a dirtbike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 02:23:37 PM »
Hello all

Just what I needed, another motorcycle.  It's a good thing that the correct number of motorcycles is one more than you currently own.  I just sold 3 Husaberg 650's (still have one) so I figured I should get something.  I love my Sherco 2 stokes.  The guy took me on a great ride and let me see if I liked the 500 before I bought it, incredibly generous offer.  Well, I bought it, a 2019 500 SCF.  I took it out today in the Wasatch Mountains of Utah and did 70 miles of mostly singletrack.  I can't believe how nimble and easy to ride the bike is.  The KYB suspension is pretty awesome, haven't even checked the sag yet.  The power is very controllable. It doesn't have the grunt of the 650 berg and I can't wheelie sections on the 500 yet like I could on the 650's but I think that will come.  I need different bars and to get the suspension dialed a little.  It's a gorgeous bike too.  Still had lots of gas left. 

I swapped bikes and rode my buddies 2018 KTM 450XCF that is ported, 6th gear added, Kreft suspension, and very well setup and the Sherco felt so much better.  I can't believe how well the 500 turns.  I think I'm in love.

cheeseberger
Great to hear.
The guys over here in Australia love them too and they're awesome to ride.
100% agree with you on the 'better to ride than the OB' comments as well.
Got a good mate who is racing the 500 SEF after many KTMs, his first race was on the Sherco was as he got it straight from the showroom floor.
He told me after he's never been able to do that on any previous bike!
2019 300 SEF Factory
2011 TE449
Admin - Sherco Riders & Owners FB group
Just an old quick trail rider having a go.
From Qld Australia 🌏