Author Topic: 14 300serf TPS adjustment questions  (Read 268 times)

doh13

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
14 300serf TPS adjustment questions
« on: June 17, 2020, 07:43:50 PM »
Hi im looking for info on the adjustment of the TPS.

After removing /reinstalling the tps (for cleaning ,yes I regret removing it  lesson learned)  I   get  only get a voltage reading of 0.58v-0.60v (with the throttle  held wide open)   every other vid /forum shows other bikes like ktm the low voltage reading is with a closed throttle and the high reading with it open but i could not figure out a way to put the tps back on to make it have a low voltage reading with the throttle closed i tried turning it every which way but it brings up before i can put the bolt back in and it only seems to go on one way.  what am i missing?  ps  0.58v-0.60 is the lowest voltage i can get as well because the adjustment is maxed and before i took the tps off the adjustment was about in the middle. i know somethings gotta be wrong.

ditezz

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 14 300serf TPS adjustment questions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 04:02:54 AM »
The reading between Blue signal and Red should be set at around 5 .3K ohms  + or - .5  NOT voltage .Set your meter to the 20k range and I think it is the 2 outside pins .This is when the throttle closed.The reading between Red and Black will (should) be 5 vdc. Don't pay any attention to the way Ktm tps is adjusted. This will get you going

ditezz

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 04:20:17 AM »
Obviously disconnect   the plug  from TPS before attempting to set ohm reading

doh13

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 07:42:26 AM »
The reading between Blue signal and Red should be set at around 5 .3K ohms  + or - .5  NOT voltage .Set your meter to the 20k range and I think it is the 2 outside pins .This is when the throttle closed.The reading between Red and Black will (should) be 5 vdc. Don't pay any attention to the way Ktm tps is adjusted. This will get you going
Thanks! ill try it.

RaduMorar

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 08:14:45 PM »
I have sef-r 300 '17.I set the Tps on 5.3 but the bike don't running good.The air screw must turn?or closed?The Akrapovic influences the setting Tps?I have much "popcorn" and the bike stopped after couple second and when i ride .Please help.Thanks.

doh13

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 07:09:20 PM »
I set my bike to 5.3 k ohms and it revs high when i blip the throttle and don't come back down unless i put it in gear and lug the motor back down and its generally not running that well at low speed (along with the revs not returning to normal) .
I have read the stepper motors can get gummed up ill prob clean it and if that doesn't work tweak the tps again. should i start with higher values or lower?

doh13

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 05:10:32 PM »
I have been fiddling with my tps trying to get the bike working good  i managed to get the idle working and  5.28 ohms did not help but  5.32  made a big difference and no idle surge/hanging but the idle is a bit "sputtery" so i tried 5.38 and its about the same. Before i try going back down below 5.28 ohms   does the ohms in the higher range = rich and lower ohms = lean? if i were to guess the bike seems rich as it is now but i am just happy it is running much better than before with no hanging high idle .