Author Topic: Sherco 500 SE-F Factory mods?  (Read 442 times)

Heilman181

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sherco 500 SE-F Factory mods?
« on: July 22, 2020, 06:50:28 AM »
I am considering the 2020 Sherco 500 SE-F.

Are there any "must do" performance mods that should be completed?  Like uncorking/smog etc... stuff like some of the other brands?

Thanks!
2020 Sherco 500 SE-F Factory

Harry Potter

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Sherco 500 SE-F Factory mods?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 04:14:13 PM »
No must do other than fit the bike to you but then you didn't say what you were planning on using the bike for. I wanted one to dual sport with its 220 watts of electricity but the the new Texas importer forced my closest dealer and many others out. He seems to think having a Cody Webb win a few races will be enough to make people want to buy a Sherco. The Sherco 500 could be the best 500 on the market but Sherco USA could be the next Sherco Canada.
I'm in the basket, a "Reprobate."

Heilman181

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 08:13:24 AM »
It would be for trail/single track riding.

It seems the Factory edition just needs fuel and some cosmetics (handguards, etc....)

dhally

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 08:52:18 PM »
Pretty sure the suspension needs rebuilt, a new ecu, and upgrade the magneto.

(Joke)
2013 SE-300i-R
Husqvarna 701E

Southeast Washington state

HMS

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Halverson MotorSports
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 04:24:35 PM »
Hey Potter, I think you should take your entitled bad attitude and go ride another brand.....  life evolves, business changes and lifeís not fair!

No must do other than fit the bike to you but then you didn't say what you were planning on using the bike for. I wanted one to dual sport with its 220 watts of electricity but the the new Texas importer forced my closest dealer and many others out. He seems to think having a Cody Webb win a few races will be enough to make people want to buy a Sherco. The Sherco 500 could be the best 500 on the market but Sherco USA could be the next Sherco Canada.
Trygve Halverson
603-491-7009
trygve@halverson-motorsports.com

Heilman181

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 07:27:47 AM »

(Joke)

I drove 4 hours each way yesterday to pick it up.  Then stopped 2 hours from home and dropped it off to have the suspension re-valved and sprung for my weight / riding.

jamracing

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 06:18:52 PM »

(Joke)

I drove 4 hours each way yesterday to pick it up.  Then stopped 2 hours from home and dropped it off to have the suspension re-valved and sprung for my weight / riding.
That's a long drive to buy a bike... I drove a little over 2 to get mine back in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
New to the blue
2017 300 SE-R

Dangermouse

• Intermediate
  • Everything looks better when you're on a dirtbike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 05:36:55 PM »

(Joke)

Unless you are miles over the rider target weight, you really should have tried the bike standard before shelling out the green on the suspension.
Many guys have been able to race them out of the crate and nothing more than clicker adjustments.
2019 300 SEF Factory
2011 TE449
Admin - Sherco Riders & Owners FB group
Just an old quick trail rider having a go.
From Qld Australia 🌏

Harry Potter

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 05:47:54 PM »
"Go ride another brand .....life evolves, business changes,  and life's not fair!"
That sounds like grim reality and certainly not encouraging to buy a Sherco. I hope your not in Sherco sales.
My two Shercos are my two favorite bikes.
I'm in the basket, a "Reprobate."

Heilman181

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2020, 06:52:12 AM »

(Joke)

That's a long drive to buy a bike... I drove a little over 2 to get mine back in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Damn sure is!  :D

I emailed every dealer in NC, SC, VA within 5 hours and one in PA that is 8 hours away near some family.  Most could not even get a 500.  Two had one available and would take 7-10 days to get and the guy in SC had one in stock.  Plus his customer service was through the roof.  He kept consistent communication and was even sending me pictures of his young adult sons harescramble races.

Heilman181

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2020, 06:57:20 AM »

(Joke)

Unless you are miles over the rider target weight, you really should have tried the bike standard before shelling out the green on the suspension.
Many guys have been able to race them out of the crate and nothing more than clicker adjustments.

Well at 270 pounds in street clothes, I would call that miles. Haha!

I know the KYB stuff is good, but I would not imagine that a bike setup for 180 pounds might be able to stretch to 210 on the stock stuff.  I dont believe that you could ever get the sag close with stock springs.

I started out asking about just getting it resprung.  He said that if I got it revalved for my weight and riding he would do it all for $500.  That is way less than any other suspension that I have ever done.

Heilman181

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 01:54:10 PM »
I ordered the mainstay items - radiator guards, hand guards, skid plate, disc guard, etc.......

I am debating going the Tubliss route versus standard tubes.  Probably going to wait until the first tire change though.

The big question is Rekluse or not?

Help a brother out.........

burner25!

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 08:36:35 AM »
Iím after a screen for the 500 , just for the longer days. Iíve been told that s ktm 690 screen wil fit  but it doesnít look like it wil. Apart from making my own , are there any options?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk