Author Topic: Comfortable seat? 2017 SER 300 6 Days  (Read 93 times)

akoudlai

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Comfortable seat? 2017 SER 300 6 Days
« on: July 26, 2020, 02:36:46 PM »
So I bought a new (to me) SER 300 6 days and im absolutely loving it.

My one gripe is that the seat on the bike hurts my sit bones a bit after a full day of riding. Thought I'd get used to it but after putting 15 hours on the bike I still get it.

I dont sit the whole time obviously but when we stop, or on smooth runs of trail I plant myself down as most of us weekend warriors would.

The foam is a bit firm but I think its the shape of the top edges of the sides having almost no roundedness to them. maybe its my short legs? (im 6 foot tall but only have a 30" inseam.)

Anyone experience the same thing? Did you try trimming the edges to be a little more rounded? Find a new seat?

The seat cover is awesome, tons of grip, no complaints there
2017 SER 300 Six Days

Nerminater

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Comfortable seat? 2017 SER 300 6 Days
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 11:08:20 AM »
Same for me, so I had an upholsterer remove the cover and round the corners a little. He was supposed to lower the foam a good 1" as I'm vertically challenged but never did this as the "seat cover wouldn't look right" . Made no difference at all, ass still knows its been on that seat all day, promoting an off centre postion for the road sections home. I have a hand operated builders staple gun and was going to lower it myself but it hasn't got the power to bury the staple into the plastic seat base, so I guess I'm looking for a pneumatic staple gun now. A mate had an SE-F same year as mine with a nice low seat and we swapped one day as he's 6'+ and I loved it but he wouldn't make it permanent, even when he sold it to go SE-R.
2016 SE-R250 SIX DAYS
2012 WR250FA
1984 XT250G
1992 DR350E
1989 KDX 250