Author Topic: Reading actual hours from SE 300 2018 (2 stroke)  (Read 274 times)

Stronzo

• Novice
    • View Profile
Reading actual hours from SE 300 2018 (2 stroke)
« on: August 14, 2020, 12:58:02 PM »
Hi,

Planning to buy a used Sherco SER300 Factory 2018 2-stroke. The dashboard shows 60mh, but bike looks like it has 200mh. Is there any way to read the actual hours from ECU without a dealer scanner - there is no dealer around here. I know that you can read from KTMs with an adapter cable and standard OBD scanner - is it possible to do so with Sherco?

Thanks.

MDJ23

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Reading actual hours from SE 300 2018 (2 stroke)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 07:26:01 PM »
You’re probably reading the maximum miles per hour clocked. You want the value on the third screen as you cycle the unit. It will be at the top of the display followed by the letters art for accumulated run time. It should have hours and minutes unless it is past 100 hrs. Then it drops the minutes. Check the owners manual for more info.
Idaho Falls, ID, USA
14' 300 SEF-R

meissocial

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Reading actual hours from SE 300 2018 (2 stroke)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 05:26:30 AM »
I wouldn't trust the dashboard. Mine shows 20hours while the bike is at 60hours for the simple reason the the magnet on the wheel does not work most of the time. Unfortunately, I think the only way to know for sure is with the dealer software. OBD style is like a "The Matrix" screen from what I heard. I would trust my intuition and if it looks like a 200h bike, then either it's older than advertised has not been taken care of very well... At 60h i am looking at a bike with a perfectly aligned frame, perfect airbox and filter, perfectly straight wheels, maybe sightly bent pipe, and possible dead plastics. I'd have a look at the bearings in the link/wheels as well. If it is in bad shape, not worth the trouble.