Author Topic: Not sure which to choose, racing or factory.  (Read 450 times)

Babayaga

• Novice
    • View Profile
Not sure which to choose, racing or factory.
« on: September 01, 2020, 06:06:07 AM »
Hi all, Iím a new member, looking to buy a 2021 Sherco four stroke however Iím having a tough time choosing between the racing and the factory. For the price difference it seems like a no brainer, getting a fan, akra, and the mythical kybs.

However my issue is that while I do want to learn to ride faster with this bike, Iím not a fast rider and I like a compliant suspension on the rough terrain. I read that the wp is great at this but not so great at the faster stuff, with the kyb being the opposite.

I like the idea of getting the higher end suspension and doing the 20ml adjustment that I have read about on this forum. Does anyone with experience with this ďmodĒ know if there are any drawbacks to this handling wise? With no real revalve needed for my situation then ? Is this really the perfect solution to my case where I could just do that mod, and as I get faster start adding oil back in again?

Thanks !

Heilman181

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Not sure which to choose, racing or factory.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 07:51:00 AM »
Go with the FACTORY and be done with it.
2020 Sherco 500 SE-F Factory

Trackback

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 10:46:43 PM »
Factory
Easy to make it softer to ride
When you get faster youíll have far better Susspention

O2B

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 06:08:22 AM »
uhhhhh, Factory, it's a no-brainer......to those that go the "Racing" route, commence the beating...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLxQQW-rtDY

Out of the box it, my SE 250 Factory rides better than my $1500 modded orange xcw's PDS suspensions.
My self-inflicted abuse has ceased, lol
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 06:25:24 AM by O2B »

meeka

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 03:08:05 AM »
Hey Guys my first post here
I also went through these exact same thoughts, I have had 6 day KTMs for ever and i just jumped over and put a deposit on a 4t 300 factory as I think it is completely worth the little bit extra you pay for, Just my thoughts.

motif

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 08:33:45 AM »
go with KYB suspension...

Strosek

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 08:08:36 AM »
uhhhhh, Factory, it's a no-brainer......to those that go the "Racing" route, commence the beating...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLxQQW-rtDY

Out of the box it, my SE 250 Factory rides better than my $1500 modded orange xcw's PDS suspensions.
My self-inflicted abuse has ceased, lol

LOL  LOL  LOL

teebone

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 03:32:16 AM »
I've had stock KYB's with a 2018 Gasgas and worked WP's with a 2017 Husky TE300.  Honestly I preferred the worked WP's.  Obviously depends on the kinda riding you'll be doing, but I reckon you'll be happy either way.  If you're in the weight range for standard KYB's, maybe get the Factory.  If not, go racing and spend the money getting them set up for you. 

motif

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 11:31:06 AM »
I've had stock KYB's with a 2018 Gasgas and worked WP's with a 2017 Husky TE300.  Honestly I preferred the worked WP's.  Obviously depends on the kinda riding you'll be doing, but I reckon you'll be happy either way.  If you're in the weight range for standard KYB's, maybe get the Factory.  If not, go racing and spend the money getting them set up for you.

you work for ktm don't you? lol

Babayaga

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2020, 06:27:43 PM »

What is the weight range for the standard springs?

Babayaga

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 06:29:39 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for all the answers, I put my order in for a 250 SEF Factory!

Pretty excited about it, was considering the 300, but since I already have an xtrainer for the real gnarly, Iím looking for a bit more of a revver easier terrain. This will suit me just fine, and probably still be able to fill in for the xtrainer when its in the shop.

Babayaga

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 06:30:37 PM »
Factory
Easy to make it softer to ride
When you get faster youíll have far better Susspention

How do you make them softer? I read something about taking 20ml, or 20 cc, of oil from the forks. Is that what you mean?