Author Topic: Motion Pro Control Cable Product Development For Sherco.  (Read 204 times)

Whiplash

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Motion Pro Control Cable Product Development For Sherco.
« on: September 04, 2020, 01:04:41 PM »
Hello Sherco Riders,

My name is Larry Snyder and I work for Motion Pro Inc in Loomis CA.
I've been with Motion Pro going on twenty years now.
Thought I'd let everyone know we are developing new T3 throttle cables for both 2014-2020 2T and 4T Sherco.
Been something I've wanted to do for some time and finally got the go ahead.

The T3 throttle cables may be available as soon December 2020.
Stock replacement throttle cables may be available as soon as end of October 2020.
If you are not aware of our T3 premium performance cables you can go to https://www.motionpro.com/c/t3-cables
Motion Pro cables are available internationally and can be purchased through a variety of distributors in Europe, and the UK as well as elsewhere.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via email regarding any of our products. Have a great weekend!

Best Regards,

Larry Snyder
Technical Services
Motion Pro Inc.

rkm

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Motion Pro Control Cable Product Development For Sherco.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 01:12:30 PM »
How about a longer than stock cable? The 18 up 2ts are in desperate need of a longer cable.

Whiplash

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 03:00:35 PM »
Crap! Forgot a plus length cable for Sherco. We make plus 75mm length for KTM, HUSKY, and BETA.
Sherco dealers are hard to come by in California. What thoughts do you have on how much longer housing is needed for Sherco. I'm looking best average plus length. I'll send a new part request on Tuesday for a plus length throttle cable for 2t and 4t. Keep in mind initial setup will a std cable not t3. However, if we get enough requests through techsupport@motionpro.com we'll have no choice but to develop one.
Take your time on deciding. We just received the gold anodized fitting at the throttle and drawings are almost done.

Thank you!

rkm

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 03:51:22 PM »
I will measure tomorrow and do some playing around. With a steering stabilizer or bar risers, the cable is super tight.
I will send some pictures and my recommendation to the email you provided.
Is there anything I can do to help the process as far as supplying a cable or anything?
Im a dealer in Idaho.

Whiplash

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 07:01:52 PM »
Yes. There is. I'm on the patio having a brewsky right now in the lovely county of  Yuba. Heat wave coming in through Tuesday. Go ahead and figure out a length that you want and we'll start there.
No time constraints. I can ship you a first article cable sample. What bike or bikes. 2T or 4T. Has to be at least 2015 and up. 2014 for 2T but you might want double check me. I've been a parts guy since 1979. I'm a big four guy at heart. But I want to do something for Sherco because they're soo cool. I signed up for the Sherco race updates over three years ago. Sherco is big time in the Dakar Rally.
Depending on when you provide specs, I should be able to ship within three business days.

Best Regards,

Larry Snyder
Technical Services
Motion Pro Inc.

Whiplash

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 07:13:40 PM »
Forgot to mention the T3 fittings at the throttle will arrive approx. Next week. So M8 x P1.25 with machined fitting and nut similar to 10-3000 and 10-3001 will be available. The color (colour) will be gun metal grey.

Thanks,

Larry (over budget on the beer)

Whiplash

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 11:01:33 AM »
New part numbers for extended length throttle cables are as follows:
Still have to finalize best length the extended housing should be.

10-0180 is for the following:
Developed for both N.A. and Euro markets. THIS IS A PLUS HL VERSION.
Sherco OE throttle cable P/N 4832 2015-2020 4T Enduro Models.

10-0181 is for the following:
Developed for both N.A. and Euro markets. THIS IS A PLUS HL VERSION.
Sherco OE throttle cable P/N 4425 2014-2020 2T Enduro Models.