Author Topic: What's going on??  (Read 307 times)

cmaddox

• Novice
    • View Profile
What's going on??
« on: September 13, 2020, 10:48:22 AM »
So I have not been on here for awhile, but the news seems a little slow on here the last few months. So what is the latest with the Sherco importer situation? I had heard that RYP was not longer the importer. In my recent experience it seems that the parts prices have really increased the last few months and my local dealer has a more difficult time answering questions (prices and availability of parts) that he used to answer in one phone call, now he has to call me back - sometimes the next day. What are you guys seeing / hearing? I would really like to see more aftermarket parts as well, such as gasket kits and piston kits. Would be great to have availability to products like wrench rabbit rebuild kits.

papa_j

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on??
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 09:44:31 AM »
COVID-19?
Farmington, NM, USA

motif

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 11:29:08 AM »

Sfade

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 03:58:06 PM »

If dealers are as active as this sleepy forum then at least there's consistency.  I don't know what the deal is with Sherco dealers/distribution.  I have fortunately only needed a stock clutch cover gasket (ordered from AOMC online) so no real experience lately.  I'm torn if I would have bought a Sherco if I had to do it all over again.  Mainly cause I like my 2T KTM much more than my 4T 300 Sherco.  I was going to sell but no one really wants to buy Sherco and depreciation is high.  So, I am just keeping it.  It does some things really well, but just not my style of riding (4T that is).   
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory
2019 KTM 250XC
2019 KTM 690 Enduro

Ghostrider13

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 04:49:32 PM »
What is more surprising to me (non-Sherco owner member) is how Sherco USA has no one moderating this forum. Answering questions to potential buyers or current Sherco owners.
On FB they post how well they are doing Racing, new bike release videos but not one reputable Sherco rep for North America on this forum?
Very strange!
I joined under the Stuckey regime and things were hopping. To the point where I wanted a matching set of Sherco bikes.  Now lots of talk about expensive parts, uninformed dealer network? Iím not saying that from personally experiences, just making a point from past posts.
Bikes look to be getting better and better.
Hope the forums pick up...

Ghost

rkm

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 07:43:14 AM »
Forums ,as a general rule, are dangerous for manufacturers and reps to get involved with.
Have you ever heard of Honda or Yamaha reps on a forum?
Forums are also dying a slow death while the Facebook Sherco groups are getting huge over the last year.

As a dealer, Im not seeing the expensive prices and availability issue that I see comments about online.
Prices and availability are able to be checked online, instantly. Sounds like dealer issues to me.

More and more parts are becoming available. ProX has piston kits available now and gasket kits will be coming in a few months.

Ghostrider13

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 03:33:21 PM »
RKM,
  Thanks for that perspective on things. You are right! I have not heard of a rep from
Another brand being on Forums.  Definitely can easily turn into a liability issue in a hurry.
FB pages are ok but it gets bogged down with some real basics. I know we all started some where. Again thanks for the input.

Ghost