Author Topic: 2021 300ser first impression  (Read 857 times)

Sfade

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2021 300ser first impression
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 10:34:12 AM »
Lower weighted center of gravity makes side to side transitions very easy with lower pegs.  For me though it was the stock peg to seat height and my legs all jammed in there.  I have 35" inseam and that little bit made my knees feel a lot better and I found the sit to stand and reverse transition much easier and less fatiguing over a day of riding.  It's also a shorter dab distance to the ground, but doubt that I actually notice.  Lastly, the pegs I bought (Flo) grip so much better than stock. 
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory
2019 KTM 250XC
2019 KTM 690 Enduro

burner25!

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 10:57:26 AM »
Lower weighted center of gravity makes side to side transitions very easy with lower pegs.  For me though it was the stock peg to seat height and my legs all jammed in there.  I have 35" inseam and that little bit made my knees feel a lot better and I found the sit to stand and reverse transition much easier and less fatiguing over a day of riding.  It's also a shorter dab distance to the ground, but doubt that I actually notice.  Lastly, the pegs I bought (Flo) grip so much better than stock.
Iíve just ordered the flo pegs and a set of protaper bars, for the bike, (500),to get a better position . Iíve been on some longer rides  recently and the bars are still a bit low with some risers on . The  stock pegs do feel high, so I canít wait to try the flo pegs! Hope they are worth the money ££££££!
Thanks for the link sfade!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motif

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2020, 12:24:54 PM »
but they didn't improve starter and battery...

hesutton

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2020, 09:26:05 AM »

[/quote]
Well for me , Iím finding the ride position a little cramped, so I thought the pegs a little lower would be better than putting more bar risers on as they are already 35mm higher. I ride green lanes and trails so Iím standing a lot.
[/quote]

Peg position seems fine on my '21 300SE, but the dang bar has almost no rise at all.  Never ridden a bike with a bar that was almost flat like that.  Ditched them immediately for a set of ProTaper CR high bend bars.  Much better rider compartment.

Heath
2002 Honda CRF450R
2014 Husqvarna WR300 (Sold)
2021 Sherco 300SE Factory

burner25!

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: Today at 11:10:20 AM »

Well for me , Iím finding the ride position a little cramped, so I thought the pegs a little lower would be better than putting more bar risers on as they are already 35mm higher. I ride green lanes and trails so Iím standing a lot.
[/quote]

Peg position seems fine on my '21 300SE, but the dang bar has almost no rise at all.  Never ridden a bike with a bar that was almost flat like that.  Ditched them immediately for a set of ProTaper CR high bend bars.  Much better rider compartment.

Heath
[/quote]
Iíve bought a cheap set of protaper off a Suzuki, itís a first ride out tomorrow. The flo pegs are only here on Tuesday, so it will be interesting how the bike feels stage by stage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk