Author Topic: Sherco 300se-r regulator  (Read 647 times)

Graham wilson

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sherco 300se-r regulator
« on: October 08, 2020, 10:55:53 AM »
Has anyone had problems with se300r 2014 regulator. The battery is getting red hot then won't start. I have done the test what's on you tube and everything turns out ok .anything else I should be looking for. Thanks

eagle

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sherco 300se-r regulator
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 01:52:26 PM »
That's a lot like the symptoms mine had, battery was lithium so it expanded & i had an issue get it out, it would go for 2klms & then just cut out even if i pulled the clutch in & tried to rev it :(
It would start basically strait away but then only go another 2klm before it cut out again, i think my testing of the unit was inconclusive also ?
After i replaced it i have not had any issues, mine went around the 125hr mark.
KTM 453
 Sherco 6Day 300i
Old man out there having fun;):)!
Nyora Victoria
Australia

ditezz

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 04:54:23 PM »
It may be crap but heres my theory on failing rectifier /regulators  and its not entirely Ducati's fault I'm not sure re the 2 strokes ,but the 4strokes have a 220w stator and its real only job is to charge the battery.So the regulator is working hard to dissipate excess voltage (Via heat) I always run with the headlight on and use a fan override switch to run the fan .This seems to keep the reg a little bit cooler.Havent had a problem so far and the battery always seems to have plenty of charge.

Graham wilson

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 04:20:05 AM »
👍thanks

jamracing

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 06:21:01 AM »
Another thing that will help - remove regulator, apply heatsink compound between the frame crossmember and regulator, and then tighten back down. This will help the heat transfer to the frame, and keep things cool.
New to the blue
2017 300 SE-R

doh13

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 08:33:48 AM »
interesting.. i have random flameouts  on my 14 sefr (mostly at low rpm) the bike will start right back up , i wonder if the regulator could have something to do with it?