Author Topic: Sherco 300se-r regulator  (Read 267 times)

Graham wilson

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sherco 300se-r regulator
« on: October 08, 2020, 10:55:53 AM »
Has anyone had problems with se300r 2014 regulator. The battery is getting red hot then won't start. I have done the test what's on you tube and everything turns out ok .anything else I should be looking for. Thanks

eagle

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sherco 300se-r regulator
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 01:52:26 PM »
That's a lot like the symptoms mine had, battery was lithium so it expanded & i had an issue get it out, it would go for 2klms & then just cut out even if i pulled the clutch in & tried to rev it :(
It would start basically strait away but then only go another 2klm before it cut out again, i think my testing of the unit was inconclusive also ?
After i replaced it i have not had any issues, mine went around the 125hr mark.
KTM 453
 Sherco 6Day 300i
Old man out there having fun;):)!
Nyora Victoria
Australia

ditezz

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 04:54:23 PM »
It may be crap but heres my theory on failing rectifier /regulators  and its not entirely Ducati's fault I'm not sure re the 2 strokes ,but the 4strokes have a 220w stator and its real only job is to charge the battery.So the regulator is working hard to dissipate excess voltage (Via heat) I always run with the headlight on and use a fan override switch to run the fan .This seems to keep the reg a little bit cooler.Havent had a problem so far and the battery always seems to have plenty of charge.

Graham wilson

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 04:20:05 AM »
👍thanks