Author Topic: Runaway engine after wash  (Read 199 times)

Champ16

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Runaway engine after wash
« on: October 28, 2020, 02:43:25 AM »
Hey guys,

Have a 2019 ser300 factory with approx 16 hours on it.

Give her a quick pressure wash and now when i fire up the engine runs away to extremly high rpm. It shuts down with the kill switch.

First thought is water in electrical connector somewhere.

Plenty of fuel and tap on so should not be from lack of fuel and running lean.

I have left it sit in the warm shed for a few days and it is still doing it today.

Anyone had this happen and found the issue or anyone have any suggestions on what it could be before i take it on the one hour journey to my nearest dealer?

Thanks in advance.

papa_j

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Runaway engine after wash
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 05:46:40 AM »
Sounds like a possible air leak.   Check all the connections from the air filter to the  intake to make certain that they are all sealed and without cracks.
Farmington, NM, USA

eralha

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Runaway engine after wash
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 01:53:25 AM »
Hi,

Recently i had this problem on my previous bike, i did the following steps:
- cleaned carb realy well check for dirt deposits in the o-rings (after this got a little better)
- gave it a little more gas in the air screw (little better after this but problem not gone)
- changed the left crank seal, the one in the magnetic cover.(solved the issue, and i returned the air screw to its original position)

The crank seal was bad, i could see mixture oil leaking, but this was after 300h after 16h is weird, could be the air filter is wet? change the filter and test it.

Keep us update, cheers.