Author Topic: 2020 SEF 500  (Read 216 times)

Supernova666

• Novice
  • Send it
    • View Profile
    • Email
2020 SEF 500
« on: November 02, 2020, 07:01:11 AM »
Finally got to ride the 500 some more.  Did mainly fast flowy stuff, fire roads, atv trails, some single track.  I did put the exh snorkle restrictor back in as it feels about the same power wise, but just less noisy. 

Fuel consumption was not good for the first 22 miles, and the oil was fuel contaminated.  I changed the oil, and put another 25 miles on it and it also has a hint of fuel smell but was able to get the 25 miles on roughly 1/5th of a tank.  Figure this is pretty normal given break in.  Transmission is very tight and shift timing is crucial.  At some points, the shifter will just NOT move unless clutch is pulled all the way in or throttle timing is perfect.  I'd equate it driving an manual trans 18 wheeler where shift timing is key. 

Power is fantastic.  Coming off of a 2 stroke, its taking some mental reprogramming to control the throttle differently.  On very rocky jagged hill climbs where throttle blipping a 2 stroke would be appropriate, thats NOT the case with the 500 unless you want to stall it, or flame it out.  Just smooth steady throttle apply and home free.  Will take some time to get my mind back to 4T mode since its been a few years since I actually rode one in the woods.

There is an issue with the exhaust.  I hope its just a head pipe flaw and not a design issue.  I have send the below photos to the dealer and awaiting their reply.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 07:02:57 AM by Supernova666 »
You will only sound insane if you try to explain reality

Heilman181

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2020 SEF 500
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 07:34:30 AM »
Mine has plenty of clearance!
2020 Sherco 500 SE-F Factory

Supernova666

• Novice
  • Send it
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2020 SEF 500
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 10:24:10 AM »
yeah i dont know what the deal is with mine.  Even with tab bent over, its super close.
You will only sound insane if you try to explain reality