Author Topic: 2021 footpegs & throttle comments  (Read 295 times)

jiar577

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
2021 footpegs & throttle comments
« on: November 10, 2020, 08:59:51 PM »
Any idea if Sherco lowered the stock footpegs on the ‘21? Ordered a set of Flo motorsports low footpegs to open up the cockpit, they’re  supposed to be 12mm lower and 10mm back from stock. To my surprise they’re only 5mm back from stock, height seems similar to stock but I could be wrong as I didn’t measured the height.

Also ordered a G2 throttle tamer and to my surprise the stock throttle has a cam that can be switched around for both a tame mode and an aggressive mode. The “tame” option is exactly the same cam profile as G2 throttle tamer so a waste of money. Just wanted to mention as I never read about this feature anywhere.
2021 Sherco 300se Factory
2015 KTM 300 Sixdays (sold)
2015 KTM 350 Sixdays

burner25!

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2021 footpegs & throttle comments
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 01:19:45 AM »
I’ve just fitted the pegs to my 2019, and although they don’t move a lot , it does make a difference to the ride position .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sfade

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 07:40:35 AM »
Any idea if Sherco lowered the stock footpegs on the ‘21? Ordered a set of Flo motorsports low footpegs to open up the cockpit, they’re  supposed to be 12mm lower and 10mm back from stock. To my surprise they’re only 5mm back from stock, height seems similar to stock but I could be wrong as I didn’t measured the height.

Also ordered a G2 throttle tamer and to my surprise the stock throttle has a cam that can be switched around for both a tame mode and an aggressive mode. The “tame” option is exactly the same cam profile as G2 throttle tamer so a waste of money. Just wanted to mention as I never read about this feature anywhere.

I have the Flos and they are lower by at least 10mm and it makes a difference.  The problem, for me at least, is the lack of inward camber to facilitate a better connection with your boot/legs.  What I did was make plastic shim/wedge that slides behind the spring and doesn't let the peg come all they was to frame which creates a nice slight upward camber.  Took all of 5 min with some 2-3mm thick hard plastic from tool packaging I bought.  So much more control now... not to mention the superior grip of the pegs. 
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory
2019 KTM 250XC
2019 KTM 690 Enduro

jiar577

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 07:10:48 PM »
I have the Flos and they are lower by at least 10mm and it makes a difference.  The problem, for me at least, is the lack of inward camber to facilitate a better connection with your boot/legs.  What I did was make plastic shim/wedge that slides behind the spring and doesn't let the peg come all they was to frame which creates a nice slight upward camber.  Took all of 5 min with some 2-3mm thick hard plastic from tool packaging I bought.  So much more control now... not to mention the superior grip of the pegs.

I agree control is so much better and that feature alone is worth the price of admission. I’m tempted to remove them to verify if they’re lower or not cause honestly it doesn’t look like it on my bike. I’ll post back my findings over the weekend.
2021 Sherco 300se Factory
2015 KTM 300 Sixdays (sold)
2015 KTM 350 Sixdays