Author Topic: SE-R 300 Factory 2020 Randomly no spark and won't start  (Read 114 times)

gilbert

• Novice
    • View Profile
SE-R 300 Factory 2020 Randomly no spark and won't start
« on: November 22, 2020, 01:14:38 AM »
Hello guys,

When my Sherco have avg 120 MTH i was on cross country competition and on second lap engine stopped. I tryied to start but without effect. I take motorcycle to my workshop and find that there is no spark...

I checked all electric conections and put special electric grease on it, coil params, pulser params, and everything was ok. I opened left case and found some metal fillings on pulser, clean it and motorcycle starts <3. But my happines did not take long. Few rides later (6 mth), the same problem. Starter works, engine not start - no spark...

I called Polish Sherco Importer and he told me to ship him my CDI, Coil and regulator rectifier. He checked all my parts and tell that everything was ok. So i put my old CDI, Coil and regulator rectifier to my Sherco, bought new Pulser and motorcycle starts! YEEEAH! I found...

But no, after another 2 mth the same situation - no spark. I go to home, put new battery and motorcycle started. I checked voltage when starting the engine and it was 7,2 V. So very high power consumption when starter works. I disassembled electric starter, clean, change electric brushes, change bearing. Now the voltage when starting the engine is 11,2 and engine starts without problems.

Today i wanted to go woods with friends. I started my Sherco it works maybe 15 seconds and dies... I checked - no spark... (SIC!) Checked voltage 12,4V, checked voltage when starter works 11,2V.

The problem shows in random situations and I have no idea anymore... I hope you guys can help me... Becouse Polish Sherco Importer have no idea to help me.

ShercoTip

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: SE-R 300 Factory 2020 Randomly no spark and won't start
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 04:30:40 AM »
Hello.

Write to me on e-mail. I'm from Poland.

gajeskitrw@onet.eu