Author Topic: Looking for info on 2021 se300 factory  (Read 604 times)

2 stroke junkie

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looking for info on 2021 se300 factory
« on: February 10, 2021, 05:19:17 PM »
I was thinking about buying a real enduro bike, and was curious about buying a new 2021 se300 factory 2 stroke. I really don't know much about this brand as i grew up riding the Japanese mx bikes I currently have a 2010 yz450f. I was wondering if you guys could give me the run down on typical common problems / issues these bikes are known for just so I have a idea on what im getting myself into, and being a smaller company is finding parts for this bike really difficult to come across, are there any websites that sell aftermarket or oem parts...  something that would be equivalent to like rocky mountain, or motosport?
Info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advanced!

jamracing

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Looking for info on 2021 se300 factory
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 05:39:13 PM »
I was thinking about buying a real enduro bike, and was curious about buying a new 2021 se300 factory 2 stroke. I really don't know much about this brand as i grew up riding the Japanese mx bikes I currently have a 2010 yz450f. I was wondering if you guys could give me the run down on typical common problems / issues these bikes are known for just so I have a idea on what im getting myself into, and being a smaller company is finding parts for this bike really difficult to come across, are there any websites that sell aftermarket or oem parts...  something that would be equivalent to like rocky mountain, or motosport?
I guess I have questions - What is your riding style? what's the purpose? The 300 is a great woods/hard enduro machine, less ideal for high speed desert stuff.
It's a rock solid platform, and better than the Orange/white/red stuff by virtue of suspension, steering and balance. There might be a few jetting gremlins and plug fouling issues on some, but once set up, it's awesome. I had a 2017, and now have a 2020, wouldn't go back to any Austrian brand, but if Yamaha made a e-start YZ250x...
2020 300 SE Factory

2 stroke junkie

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 05:45:04 PM »
I guess I have questions - What is your riding style? what's the purpose? The 300 is a great woods/hard enduro machine, less ideal for high speed desert stuff.
It's a rock solid platform, and better than the Orange/white/red stuff by virtue of suspension, steering and balance. There might be a few jetting gremlins and plug fouling issues on some, but once set up, it's awesome. I had a 2017, and now have a 2020, wouldn't go back to any Austrian brand, but if Yamaha made a e-start YZ250x...
Well im getting into more of the hard enduro/cross training stuff. I need to get away from the mx stuff because I keep breaking myself haha . I live in the pnw so I do a lot of woods/mountain riding. Im 6'1" and about 195lbs.

And yeah I was looking at those but if im going to buy a new bike although the 250x is a good bike its just outdated.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:48:23 PM by 2 stroke junkie »

jamracing

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 05:47:12 PM »
Well im getting into more of the hard enduro/cross training stuff. I need to get away from the mx stuff because I keep breaking myself haha . I live in the pnw so I do a lot of woods/mountain riding. Im 6'1" and about 195lbs.

Well, in that case, sounds like you found your future bike! Just slap some decent tires on there, and haul ass...
2020 300 SE Factory

2 stroke junkie

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 05:50:23 PM »

Well, in that case, sounds like you found your future bike! Just slap some decent tires on there, and haul ass...
Is there anywhere to get aftermarket support for the bike or is the dealership my only rout? And whats the common thing guys are doing with setting up the carb on these bikes?

jamracing

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 06:01:31 PM »

Is there anywhere to get aftermarket support for the bike or is the dealership my only rout? And whats the common thing guys are doing with setting up the carb on these bikes?

I just ordered a JD jetting kit, takes the frustration out of it. Rocky Mountain, eBay, Sherco dealers for parts. Brakes/swingarm are same as KTM, forks like YZ's, and KTM wheels will fit using EE spacer kit.
2020 300 SE Factory