Author Topic: Spare Jets  (Read 166 times)

DEL107

• Novice
    • View Profile
Spare Jets
« on: January 11, 2021, 07:53:31 PM »
Howdy, first post...have a 300 SE Factory coming in a few weeks, first non orange bike in a couple decades, super excited!!

Already a different experience, you've got to search around for accessories a bit, and my favorite supply house (RMATV) doesn't even carry a Twin Air filter for it! Don't care though, just psyched!

So can anyone tell me what main jets, and pilot jets come as spares? I did find the jetting chart online, but don't want to assume everything listed comes with it.

I'm at 8500FT to 10500FT most of the time, so I need to know if I need to search out smaller pilots and such, like a 35.

This is a US spec bike if that matters

Thanks! 

Sfade

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spare Jets
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 11:57:47 AM »
I don't what it comes with as far as jets, but let me offer a different route.  I have a 2T KTM and I put a STIC metering block in my Keihin and it was an awesome upgrade.  Its basically self adjusting for temp/altitude minus a little a little turn of the airscrew.  I requires a different approach to jetting and will come supplied with all you need.  No website really but a phone call.  If you got KTMtalk and search STIC jetting you'll find almost 300 pages.  The inventors name is George.  I have no ties to him but am super impressed by how the bike runs.  George is an older dude and posts, way too much self promoting, but his product is good.  There are youtube of STIC out there also.  Anyway, just a thought.  When I get a 2T sherco I will immediately put another STIC on.
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory
2019 KTM 250XC
2019 KTM 690 Enduro

jiar577

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 04:30:48 PM »
Howdy, first post...have a 300 SE Factory coming in a few weeks, first non orange bike in a couple decades, super excited!!

Already a different experience, you've got to search around for accessories a bit, and my favorite supply house (RMATV) doesn't even carry a Twin Air filter for it! Don't care though, just psyched!

So can anyone tell me what main jets, and pilot jets come as spares? I did find the jetting chart online, but don't want to assume everything listed comes with it.

I'm at 8500FT to 10500FT most of the time, so I need to know if I need to search out smaller pilots and such, like a 35.

Thanks!

I think NR8* series needles come stock from the factory. That said I never tried those as I went straight to my tried settings (on a previous '15 300 KTM) before even starting the bike and to my surprise the jetting was spot on. I was expecting some fine tuning but the only thing that needed some adjustment was the air screw.

NECJ pos 3
165 main
38 pilot

Mileage is great by the way.
2021 Sherco 300se Factory
2015 KTM 300 Sixdays (sold)
2015 KTM 350 Sixdays

DEL107

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 03:57:31 PM »
I don't what it comes with as far as jets, but let me offer a different route.  I have a 2T KTM and I put a STIC metering block in my Keihin and it was an awesome upgrade.  Its basically self adjusting for temp/altitude minus a little a little turn of the airscrew.  I requires a different approach to jetting and will come supplied with all you need.  No website really but a phone call.  If you got KTMtalk and search STIC jetting you'll find almost 300 pages.  The inventors name is George.  I have no ties to him but am super impressed by how the bike runs.  George is an older dude and posts, way too much self promoting, but his product is good.  There are youtube of STIC out there also.  Anyway, just a thought.  When I get a 2T sherco I will immediately put another STIC on.

The Stic does sound interesting. Ive read about it but haven't gone all out gathering every detail. Will probably try this later in the year, first I'd like to ride a bit! Thanks.

DEL107

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 04:02:21 PM »

Thanks!

I think NR8* series needles come stock from the factory. That said I never tried those as I went straight to my tried settings (on a previous '15 300 KTM) before even starting the bike and to my surprise the jetting was spot on. I was expecting some fine tuning but the only thing that needed some adjustment was the air screw.

NECJ pos 3
165 main
38 pilot

Mileage is great by the way.

So I finally got the info from my dealer since nobody seems to know the entire range included with the bike.

It is the N8 series needles;RE, RF, RD, with an N8RE, 165, and a 45 pilot installed for a '21 US spec bike.  comes with jets 160-170, and 45, 42, and 40 pilots.

I'll probably be fine for early spring, but when the snow melts off my mountain trails I'll be heading way up in elevation with temps from 50 to 80 as summer arrives.

Thanks