Author Topic: Frame problems  (Read 529 times)

Bossas@gmail.com

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Frame problems
« on: April 03, 2021, 11:46:40 PM »
Hi everyone, I would like to know If anyone have problems with frames in sherco enduro bikes. A friend find out that is frame is broken!!! Do we have to be caution with that? It's better to not use this bikes in a motocross track? Please help to clarify this... Thank you

KTRacer14

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Frame problems
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 12:17:53 AM »
I have seen Sherco staff comment specifically that they do not make a MX bike because the frame needs to be so different to withstand the hits.  This implies to me that these Enduro bikes are really not suites to an MX track....

Bossas@gmail.com

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 12:34:54 PM »
Thank you KTRacer14. Maybe It was better to Sherco Company talk more about that issue... The final user must be aware of that.

MattHorse300

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 12:11:38 AM »
I have no idea what Sherco guys you talked to. What I know for sure is that the bikes that run the world championship and their respective practice bikes use standard frames without any additional reinforcement...and these are very stressed frames that are regullary abused on mx tracks, certainly more than ours. I do not see and do not know any contraindications to the use of sherco in mx track
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 12:13:46 AM by MattHorse300 »
Husqvarna will never die!!

Bossas@gmail.com

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 02:23:58 PM »
it would be interesting if there were people on this forum with the same problem on the frame ... In my country is not the first SE 300 factory with that problem ... I did not see the frame, but the guys talk about that...

erdat

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 09:05:11 AM »
Hi Bossas,
are you actually referring to the actual frame, or are you referring to the subframe?
 If it is the actual frame. where does the frame crack?

Erdat
'15 SE-R 250
Ankara, Turkey

Bossas@gmail.com

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 02:02:05 PM »
Please check photo

DEL107

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 06:05:24 PM »
Pictures can be found of every brand, KTM, YZ250, etc with broken frames. It's like pictures of Glocks that have blown up, you never get the entire story.

KTRacer14

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 09:37:08 PM »
I have no idea what Sherco guys you talked to. What I know for sure is that the bikes that run the world championship and their respective practice bikes use standard frames without any additional reinforcement...and these are very stressed frames that are regullary abused on mx tracks, certainly more than ours. I do not see and do not know any contraindications to the use of sherco in mx track

MattHorse300... took me a while to find the reference.  Here is what I was referring to. 

The engineers at Sherco once told us the reason they don’t offer a motocross bike is because the current frame is designed to be more compliant and that big MX jumps require a more rigid design. We understand completely. The Sherco has a comfortable feel on the trail that’s hard to attain with a motocross bike.

https://dirtbikemagazine.com/sherco-250sef-full-test-2/

"...BIG MX JUMPS REQUIRE A MORE RIGID DESIGN.."  I guess that statement is subject to interpretation, but the way I read it, they are saying big jumps require something different than what they build.  It thus does not seem like a mis-statement to say the frame is not suitable for big jumps (hard MX riding).

As for the MX sections of championship Enduro races, are they really that hard of hits?  The Euro style MX tracks seem to have a lot of big singles...and mild (faces not that steep) high speed jumps.  Sending a single to flat is not the same as casing a big gap into a steep face.  Are they jumping gap doubles and triples into steep faces if you make a mistake?  I mean a few years back I cased a triple (like an idiot, I was not paying attention to the water truck...greasy jump face) on a YZ250F.  I broke the right stock Ti footpeg!  Blew through the suspension front and rear, and damaged the shock.  It had to go to Enzo to get repaired.  Oh yeah...I also exploded my right wrist.  The medical term is comminuted intraarticular fracture of distal radius.  I did not crash.  I rode it out.  Thank god I had the foresight to move both my feet forward to the heel stops on the pegs before I hit...or I probably would have broken legs/ankles.   

The thing about an Enduro bike is the suspension/valving is so much softer...so if you do case hard...the frame is actually going to take an even HARDER hit than an MX bike because the suspension will not absorb / spread out the impact impulse.  It will just blow through and bottom.  If took that same hit on an Enduro bike...I probably wold not be riding today as both my lower legs/ankles would have been broken when the suspension blew though even faster.  Of course...maybe it would have snapped the frame too.... 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 10:00:39 PM by KTRacer14 »

jamracing

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 08:48:05 AM »
A broken frame can occur for several reasons - shitty design, improper use, poor suspension tuning. I'd be interested to get the bigger picture of what happened, and the contributing factors.
2020 300 SE Factory

JS_MO

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 11:30:18 AM »
After watching all these f'd up hard enduro videos lately, can't trust anything people are saying. Seems like in the last two years, there's a 1000 videos of bikes being launched 20' into the air, bike's cartwheeling down LITERAL mountains.... I can't believe what guys do to a $10,000 bike. If I were to hard enduro, I'd find a beater.

Bossas@gmail.com

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 01:27:20 PM »
the known facts are that he is an enduro rider from sherco, who brocke more than one frame in MX training. Of course, not many facts are known ... Hence the initial question, as it may have been due to misuse, poor configuration of the bike, etc ... or because the frame is not suitable for MX. It would be interesting if there were more data or more people talking but about your own case, so that we could be more clarified. I don't want to be misunderstood, I have nothing against Sherco, but I would like to be clear about this.

DEL107

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 02:59:08 PM »
the known facts are that he is an enduro rider from sherco, who brocke more than one frame in MX training. Of course, not many facts are known ... Hence the initial question, as it may have been due to misuse, poor configuration of the bike, etc ... or because the frame is not suitable for MX. It would be interesting if there were more data or more people talking but about your own case, so that we could be more clarified. I don't want to be misunderstood, I have nothing against Sherco, but I would like to be clear about this.

They are known facts when you can quote the very words out this sherco riders mouth attached to an article. Otherwise it remains somebody heard about someone's cousin who knew a sherco rider. So get to it.

Bossas@gmail.com

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2021, 05:00:20 AM »
you are absolutely right, but it seems difficult for a sherco-sponsored pilot to speak publicly about these cases... And maybe that is already a answer...