Author Topic: Sherco 2021 WP explor issue  (Read 527 times)

Samsie

• Novice
    • View Profile
Sherco 2021 WP explor issue
« on: April 26, 2021, 08:34:13 AM »
Hello fellow sherco addicts,

I have recently bought a sherco se250 from 2019 absolutly in love with it! his owner bought a brand new 2021 model but he had some custom reiger suspension on his 2019 model wich he took with him to his new model and he gave his brand new 2021 xplor's to his old bike. i thought it was a great deal buying a second hand bike in the shop with brand new suspension but after this weekend i went on a bit of a rocky hillclimb sections (slow speed) and jesus christ i allmost got the feeling that my bike was allergic to rocks everytime i rode over one it would just bounce straight off or give me such a smack that it feels like u lose controll and get bounced of into another trail that u didn't wanted to go in. I have tried on the spot changing the rebound and compression but nothing really worked except if i turned them both allmost to the minimum and then it was a little bit better but far off what it should be. so i have done some research and i came allot over some double reviews saying the xplor suspension just sucks. u need to revalve it etc. but then ive read the suspension is to soft and that's why u need to revalve it. but how i feel it, it is to hard. i live in belgium so it's allot flat based and we don't really come allot over slow rocky section but after this weekend on the enduro park i was riding over some small rocks but it felt like i was riding carl's dinner on the erzberg without springs in my suspension  :o.
My friend said the softer ur suspension is the bouncier it gets and instable i didn't really went allong with him because when i turned my rebound and compression down to the - it was feeling better. i also talked with a fellow owner (older sherco but also with WP's) and he said that the WP's are good for slow terrain so he was a bit clueless why i was having issues. The only thing that needs to be done is setting the sag but that shouldn't be such a great influence on slow rocky section's or am  i wrong? and i checked the springs are matching my weight so im just wondering are there fixes without a revalve like some different oil in the forks?

I would love to hear some feedback!

Greetings from belgium  8)

alang

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sherco 2021 WP explor issue
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 11:04:26 AM »
What weight are you?
What is your static and rider sag?
2017 Sherco 300 2T Factory
2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory
2019 Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon R
Azle, Texas

Samsie

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 12:21:34 PM »
Without gear I weigh about 73kg the sag is still original or set to previous owner havenít really got time yet to set it right. Or has the sag allot to do with what I discribe above?

Greetings

alang

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 02:14:43 PM »
You are probably ok with the stock springs,
Unless the previous owner put in stiffer springs.  I wouldn't use much preload on the
Forks or shock.
Azle, Texas

Samsie

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 08:59:30 PM »
You are probably ok with the stock springs,
Unless the previous owner put in stiffer springs.  I wouldn't use much preload on the
Forks or shock.

He didnít used the suspension sine they came of his new bike and went straight on mine since he had his own reiger suspension. I know the preload on the fork was set to 0 havenít really messed with the shock tbh.

JS_MO

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 10:59:47 AM »
From my experience, Xplor's do not like high suspension velocities. Some people really like them though. A lot of people are not happy with the performance vs. what they spend on the bike.

Take  the clickers all the way out to soft, see how it feels. If you're riding rocks at a decent pace, a revalve may be what you want. I put the dal saggio xp1 kit on my Husky TE250i I had. It helped, but wasn't the best.

You could also pull some oil out of each fork leg, as a test.

Samsie

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 11:15:40 AM »
From my experience, Xplor's do not like high suspension velocities. Some people really like them though. A lot of people are not happy with the performance vs. what they spend on the bike.

Take  the clickers all the way out to soft, see how it feels. If you're riding rocks at a decent pace, a revalve may be what you want. I put the dal saggio xp1 kit on my Husky TE250i I had. It helped, but wasn't the best.

You could also pull some oil out of each fork leg, as a test.
Yeah somebody told me about the dal saggio kit but Iím doubting if it is worth the money if I will be happy with it. About how much fork oil are we talking then roughly? Iím down to try everything to make it better before spending to much money on it if itís not really needed. So all input is more then welcome! Is there something else u did to make ur xplors better ten beside the revalve kit?
Greetings

JS_MO

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 06:54:19 AM »
I'd pull 20-30mm out of it to see if it's what you want. Most fine adjustments are made 10mm each. Easier to add it back.

alang

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 02:51:40 PM »
CC not mm
Azle, Texas

hamilton

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 04:37:42 PM »
My 19 125 with WP suspension works very well with a little set up,  I'm 72 kg also.
Maybe my settings would put you close.
Frist set shock static sag to 30mm that should put you between 95-105mm rider sag. If so your good.
shock compression 9 out, rebound 10 out.
My fork was a little under sprung stock. I went next stiffer spring size but it was too much.
So I installed one stiffer spring in the rebound fork leg.
Fork 17 out compression 15 out rebound. Kept stock oil level and oil weight.
I can tell you for sure you won't get the results you want by going way soft on the comp or rebound setting.
If your more then 4 clicks off my settings look else where.

Samsie

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 12:04:59 AM »
Next week we are going to set the sag en give it a go on a fast trail to see what it gives with the sag set to me. Thanks all for the good feedback so far!

JS_MO

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2021, 04:21:22 AM »
CC not mm

On the Xplor's, I'd measure oil height - mm's.

jamracing

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2021, 03:59:40 PM »
If it's trying to launch you, I'd soften the compression while tightening up the rebound so it does't open the fork so quickly.
I don't like the xplorers that much for that reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2020 300 SE Factory

Samsie

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2021, 09:12:26 PM »
If it's trying to launch you, I'd soften the compression while tightening up the rebound so it does't open the fork so quickly.

Yeah little did I know that the xplor forks where this bad I thought I got a nice fork atleast that was what the dealer told me that they where good forks guess is was wrong :/

jamracing

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2021, 06:52:39 AM »

Yeah little did I know that the xplor forks where this bad I thought I got a nice fork atleast that was what the dealer told me that they where good forks guess is was wrong :/

They are not completely terrible, and once you have the clickers and oil set properly, you should be OK. Worse case, Del Saggio to the rescue!
2020 300 SE Factory