Author Topic: 2021 Sherco 300se factory clutch doesn’t pull in enough to keep from dragging  (Read 869 times)

johnnyfwoods

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anyone have a fix for my bike?   When I turn it on and pull the clutch in and put in gear it grabs and stalls.  It’s worse when cold but still does it hot     I have bled the master cylinder with new fluid I have checked all components to make sure nothing was missing. The washer is there behind the pressure plate everything is in tact   Please help

alang

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
I swapped 3 springs from a 2017 ktm 300zxc.
A little lighter pull, and seems
To disengage a bit easier.
2017 Sherco 300 2T Factory
2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory
2019 Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon R
Azle, Texas

Dirtbikedaddy

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
It sounds like the plunger I ain’t pushing it all the way. Did you just bleed the clutch. Or is this all of a sudden?

ditezz

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
May be just clutch lever adjustment .Turn screw in a turn or two.This will make the reach to the lever  a little further though  .Have you the correct transmission oil?

Broncostu

• Novice
    • View Profile
Did you ever have any luck with the drag? I have the same issue on me 19 race and 20 factory 300

TTBadDog

• Novice
    • View Profile
Has anyone tried using ATF or a blend of ATF and XYZ gear oil? Did that on my KTM's all the time with good results.
2022 250 SE Factory

Sfade

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
Obviously get a good bleed.  The real issue is two fold.  1st the springs are really strong.  Shim them out a few mm or replace a couple with lighter springs so your slave doesn't have to fight so  hard to disengage.  2nd the slave is sorta weak.  Rekluse makes a slave which pushes much harder.  I swapped 2x springs with lighter ones and put a Rekluse slave on...perfect now.
2021 Sherco 300 SE Factory
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory (Supermoto)
2019 KTM 250XC