Author Topic: Factory Fatty pipe weak, stick with the Gnarly  (Read 364 times)

Sfade

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
Factory Fatty pipe weak, stick with the Gnarly
« on: October 19, 2021, 06:04:38 PM »
I trashed my stock Gnarly pipe on the 300, but it did hold up to a lot of abuse.  I bought a Factory Fatty to try instead.  Holy crap that thing dents easy.  Then I tore a gaping 1" hole in it coming down a rock hill.  The rock is like softer limestone that when hit can fall apart, but it still dented and gashed a hole.  Ordered a new Gnarly and a P3 pipe guard to try to get more life out of my pipes.  We will see.  I do like the Fatty's power curve a tad more but just too weak. 
2021 Sherco 300 SE Factory
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory (Supermoto)
2019 KTM 250XC

TTBadDog

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Factory Fatty pipe weak, stick with the Gnarly
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 01:08:11 AM »
How much different was the Fatty? In what range was the Fatty different and did you notice a loss of bottom end? On smaller 2 stories the fatty really screams on top but is noticeably softer on the bottom.
2022 250 SE Factory

Twerp

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 11:53:59 PM »
How much different was the Fatty? In what range was the Fatty different and did you notice a loss of bottom end? On smaller 2 stories the fatty really screams on top but is noticeably softer on the bottom.
Fatty kicks ass, adds to the mid/top and doesnt do much to the deep low end the 2t has. Lets the motor EAT. lol
 Yea little thinner so watch your sh!t. Or run a pipe cage and call it a day. I got a hydro blower for my pipe and went back to a Flat lands guard, Gonna weld up a pipe cage later.

Sfade

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 07:38:13 PM »
Put a new Gnarly on and P3 guard this time.  Chucked the destroyed Fatty.  I actually like the Fatty a bit better.  I do notice quite a bit more torque right off idle....like I have extra teeth on the sprocket (and I already run a 50tooth).  Mid to top I don't notice much of a difference b/c the STIC metering block in my Kehin really helps mid to top.  When I ride my 300 I'm usually not out of 3rd much and going riding hard terrain so low to mid is all that matters anyway to me.  I was looking at a hydra pipe repair device but thought Gnarly + P3 pipe guard I should be good. So far its worked great.   
2021 Sherco 300 SE Factory
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory (Supermoto)
2019 KTM 250XC