Author Topic: Sherco clutch steel and fiber OEM thickness  (Read 103 times)

BD123

• Novice
    • View Profile
Sherco clutch steel and fiber OEM thickness
« on: November 24, 2021, 06:38:22 AM »
Good morning all,

I joined the Sherco club!  Owner of a new to me 2019 Sherco 250 SE Factory.  I am sorting through some previous owner issues, the biggest being clutch related.  The PO put in Rekluse clutch steels and fibers for an unknown reason.  When cold as you kick the bike into gear from neutral to gear there is a sudden jerk/grab of the clutch unlike any previous bike.  This goes away once warm.  Yet even when the engine is "warm" yet the clutch fluid not fully warm the bike wants to stall at idle and is a bit tough to start (unless on the throttle).  This mostly goes away after a bit of riding.  Its as the clutch does not want to fully disengage.  I have no issues with the stiffness of the clutch lever. 

Based on above, I want to get the clutch working better.  I think the issue is either related to air in the line, weak slave, or the rekluse plates/fibers being too thick. I am going to start playing with some stuff this week.  I bought a set of 2003 CRF450R clutch plartes/fibers as well as they are supposed to fit. 

Can anyone inform me of the standard OEM thickness of.... please....
-  2019-2022 steels
-  2019 fibers
-  2020-2022 fibers

JLow

• Vet
    • View Profile
Re: Sherco clutch steel and fiber OEM thickness
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 01:12:58 PM »
Don't have the thickness.... But I've warped the steels on my "14 2t(minus 2 clutch springs trick) and my '19 model(140 hrs (swap 3 for some KTM springs trick). No matter how I bled it out, always had drag. I want to say I used a rekluse clutch pack when I replaced the '19 parts.
'19 FSE 300
'14 Sherco 300 SEF-R (Miss Sweets)
'14 Sherco 250 SE-R (Miss Spicy 3Huney)

Nashville, TN USA

BD123

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 05:42:59 PM »
Hmm Ok.  Does the dragging go away for you once the gearbox is real nice and warm?  Did you ever try a spacer/shim behind the throughout bearing?  Or the Rekluse slave?

TTBadDog

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 04:09:57 AM »
Jlow,, did you replace only the clutch pack or was it the kit that had the basket finger sleeves included?
Did you notice any change in modulation or better dis-engagement?
2022 250 SE Factory