Author Topic: Kyb sss swap into a 17  (Read 127 times)

Stoby

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kyb sss swap into a 17
« on: December 31, 2021, 02:33:40 PM »
Getting my old 17 back from previous owner. Been on an 18 gasser . Swapping between bikes was easy both seem similar to me . Gasser is lighter and the suspension better.  Anyone swapped kybs into an older bike ? What did you do? Any suggestions ? All i did was respring when it was mine. Base model with open chamber forks. Just want to have similar suspension to the gasser, if possible. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year
17 Sherco 300 ser
09 Gasgas 300
01 Gasgas  300
88 Goldwing , 05 Roadstar , 01 Aprilia RSV , 03 Aprilia Falco Streetfighter , 1970 CB 750 Chop
A few other projects and a Brandy New FZ10

TTBadDog

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: Kyb sss swap into a 17
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 05:41:02 AM »
If you already have the KYB stuff I would think just set the sag and spring the forks for your weight. Some fork legs are longer than others so be sure to measure closely beforehand. I did the same on a KTM from one year to another and legs were 5mm different. Had I set the forks to 2nd line it would have been way off.

Have you considered just having a good suspension shop re-work them? I am not familiar enough with what you are starting with to know if they can be revalved to be sufficient.
2022 250 SE Factory