Author Topic: 450 info  (Read 40800 times)

Boom Boom

• Expert
    • View Profile
450 info
« on: February 20, 2015, 10:46:21 AM »
Anything new with info on the 450?
Is gear ratio info available yet?
Seat height and weight confirmed yet?
Will a large volume tank be available?
Carlisle Pa
2016 Sherco 300 SE-R
2016 Scorpa 300 Factory
Bultaco 350 199b

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 450 info
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 01:07:31 PM »
I just got an 2016 order form from Sherco and the 450 isn't available in any numbers until something like November. Since it's been pushed back so far I don't we'll get any specs on it for a while. I was told that I may be able to get a pre-production model here next month but haven't firmed this up yet. I hope Sherco learns to add two years to release dates in the future and if they're early then they'll look good instead of bad. And I agree that it should be delayed if it's not right.
Clay Stuckey
Sherco Offroad  www.shercooffroad.com
email: clay@shercooffroad.com
cell: 615 347 6519
Tennessee, USA

Sherconator

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 06:27:13 PM »
Hi there guys, the all new 450 sef-r has landed in Australia, regional manager for New Zealand reckons my new 450 will be here in April can't wait as I haven't ridden a bike since December when I decided that I was no longer interested in my 14 Beta RR 300. Another four or five weeks yee feckin haa  looking forward to the day I get that phone call to come and pick up my bike, have been saving my dollars for the clear tank and full akrapovic  exhaust system.  Cheers Richard
http://www.sherco.com.au/news-2384/latest-news-from-dirt-action

2015 Sherco 450 sef-r Factory
Ashley, South Island, New Zealand

Boogie

• Intermediate
  • 2014 300 SE R
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »
Hi Richard, I saw a pre-production model a few weeks back in Brisbane, there are a few in Australia now. Apparently these will be sent back to France before the production run... So, April seems very optimistic. You may have plenty more time to save for parts.
2014 SE R 300
Australia

shearboy

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Alleypac
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 11:04:32 PM »
Hi there guys, the all new 450 sef-r has landed in Australia, regional manager for New Zealand reckons my new 450 will be here in April can't wait as I haven't ridden a bike since December when I decided that I was no longer interested in my 14 Beta RR 300. Another four or five weeks yee feckin haa  looking forward to the day I get that phone call to come and pick up my bike, have been saving my dollars for the clear tank and full akrapovic  exhaust system.  Cheers Richard

Dang Richard can't wait to see some headcam footage of you on the Sherco 450 and NZ Enduros !!

godders

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 02:41:57 AM »
Here is a picture of a 450 fitted with the big tank

Sherman

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 05:06:13 AM »
I have seen the new 450 for a few weeks ago in Sweden but that is a sponsored driver, I have a friend that has been promised one for months now without any for sure dates.
'15 250 SEF-R

Göteborg/Gothenborg
Sweden

Bob Billyard

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 06:02:43 AM »
I am told 450's heading for Canada beginning of April.

weantright

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 06:13:28 AM »

Beta dealers maybe onto something,,, aggressively protect their customer from the competition! I have seen many Beta riders leave the brand in the past several months. What was your reason??
2017 6 days 300sef-r w/DalSoggio and flow (Stolen), 2016 XTrainer w/Rekluse & KYB's, 2014 Husky FE250
Ohio, USA

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 01:03:36 PM »
Sorry I wasn't clear.....
The factory is making a small number of 450s available to distributors for us to ride and test but not for re-sale (as I understand it).
I am putting together an order next week and expect to get one on that container but, as I said earlier, the production models won't be available until around September.
Clay Stuckey
Sherco Offroad  www.shercooffroad.com
email: clay@shercooffroad.com
cell: 615 347 6519
Tennessee, USA

Sherconator

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 05:20:49 PM »
Beta dealers maybe onto something,,, aggressively protect their customer from the competition! I have seen many Beta riders leave the brand in the past several months. What was your reason??
[/quote]
Hi there, for 35 years I have ridden four strokes, last year was a first for me owning and riding a two stroke have to say I really miss the sound of a four stroke. My biggest issue was I couldn't gel with the sachs forks I had them revalved three times, they got better and worked okay at slow speeds but I didn't feel confident in the front end staying where I put it when hitting rocks, square edges and ruts at speed it seemed to soak up the hit in the first third of the stroke then the handle bars would come up to meet my chest, not a huge issue if the front end came straight up but scared the hell out of me if it deflected out to the side, never really new what it was going to do, so I would avoid hitting that sort of shit where as on both the 300 se-r and 300 sef-r I rode (neither set up for my weight) I just felt confident in the WP suspension soaking up the hits and the front end staying where I put it, I was actually looking for rocks, ruts and square edges to hit. The map switch on the Beta didn't really make any difference which position it was in where as the Sherco had a very noticeable difference between mild and wild. The seat on the Beta was had as a plank had to replace it Sherco seat was just right not to soft or hard. The Beta plastic sump guard smashed to bits by stones after the second week had to replace it. The fork guards had worn through the wear rings and started to wear grooves into the forks had to replace the wear rings. The plastic flap that hangs down from the bottom of the airbox had worn grooves into the swingarm on both sides had to cut 10mm off the sides of it. The metal tangs that the pins on the airbox side cover push into kept breaking replaced them with blanking grommets with a hole drilled into them. I did also have an issue with the starter motor not working after six months or so, didn't worry about it as I had kick lever as a back up apparently some water had got in through a gasket.Annoying stuff that I feel should have been sorted before the bikes hit the market. I changed from an OB to a Beta as it was a new enduro bike to New Zealand, I don't mind trying something new to help get it out there if the Sherco had been available before the Beta then I would have purchased one. The Beta is a nice looking bike and has plenty of power. Including myself I know one other Beta rider who's going to switch to a Sherco next year, also a young fella who's changed from racing a Beta 300 to now racing a 300 se-r and heard of another guy who went from a Beta to trials bike. Cheers Richard

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:34:02 PM by Sherconator »

Sherconator

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 05:38:04 PM »
Hi there, do you know if this is a dealers test bike or if it's for sale to the general public, did you take the picture, where abouts on the planet is this. Cheers Richard

JD79

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 05:52:39 PM »

Hi there, do you know if this is a dealers test bike or if it's for sale to the general public, did you take the picture, where abouts on the planet is this. Cheers Richard

It's at www.powerhousemotorcycles.com.au which is in Victoria, Australia - you can see the sticker on the front guard. Don't know if it's for sale, Godders prob does, but I would think it is one of the pre-production models and is not for sale.
'19 300SEF Factory
'14 300SEF Factory
Australia

Boogie

• Intermediate
  • 2014 300 SE R
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 09:36:11 PM »
A 450 is being raced in the Sydney enduro X tonight.
2014 SE R 300
Australia

weantright

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 07:33:52 AM »
Hi there, for 35 years I have ridden four strokes, last year was a first for me owning and riding a two stroke have to say I really miss the sound of a four stroke. My biggest issue was I couldn't gel with the sachs forks I had them revalved three times, they got better and worked okay at slow speeds but I didn't feel confident in the front end staying where I put it when hitting rocks, square edges and ruts at speed it seemed to soak up the hit in the first third of the stroke then the handle bars would come up to meet my chest, not a huge issue if the front end came straight up but scared the hell out of me if it deflected out to the side, never really new what it was going to do, so I would avoid hitting that sort of shit where as on both the 300 se-r and 300 sef-r I rode (neither set up for my weight) I just felt confident in the WP suspension soaking up the hits and the front end staying where I put it, I was actually looking for rocks, ruts and square edges to hit. The map switch on the Beta didn't really make any difference which position it was in where as the Sherco had a very noticeable difference between mild and wild. The seat on the Beta was had as a plank had to replace it Sherco seat was just right not to soft or hard. The Beta plastic sump guard smashed to bits by stones after the second week had to replace it. The fork guards had worn through the wear rings and started to wear grooves into the forks had to replace the wear rings. The plastic flap that hangs down from the bottom of the airbox had worn grooves into the swingarm on both sides had to cut 10mm off the sides of it. The metal tangs that the pins on the airbox side cover push into kept breaking replaced them with blanking grommets with a hole drilled into them. I did also have an issue with the starter motor not working after six months or so, didn't worry about it as I had kick lever as a back up apparently some water had got in through a gasket.Annoying stuff that I feel should have been sorted before the bikes hit the market. I changed from an OB to a Beta as it was a new enduro bike to New Zealand, I don't mind trying something new to help get it out there if the Sherco had been available before the Beta then I would have purchased one. The Beta is a nice looking bike and has plenty of power. Including myself I know one other Beta rider who's going to switch to a Sherco next year, also a young fella who's changed from racing a Beta 300 to now racing a 300 se-r and heard of another guy who went from a Beta to trials bike. Cheers Richard
[/quote]

From my experience so far, Sherco is twice the bike my Beta was. If it lives to 200 hrs, I'm be happy!
2017 6 days 300sef-r w/DalSoggio and flow (Stolen), 2016 XTrainer w/Rekluse & KYB's, 2014 Husky FE250
Ohio, USA