Author Topic: GasGas- The Wheels have come off the wagon  (Read 31113 times)

Moto7man

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
GasGas- The Wheels have come off the wagon
« on: May 26, 2015, 07:21:16 PM »
GasGas is bankrupt and they just left Raga without funding. I will be looking for a Sherco or a Beta in 2016. I will keep my 2011 GG 300 but I'm not happy with how,IMHO,GG misled everyone until the last minute.

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: GasGas- The Wheels have come off the wagon
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 06:09:24 AM »
That's a bad deal for everyone. They're my competitor and I had some issues with them but I hate to see any motorcycle company go out of business. Their management just didn't get it. Anyway.... I'd welcome any of my old friends from Gas Gas Riders Club and be more that pleased to sell them a motorcycle.
Clay Stuckey
Sherco Offroad  www.shercooffroad.com
email: clay@shercooffroad.com
cell: 615 347 6519
Tennessee, USA

weantright

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 09:31:19 AM »
Last minute?? It's been about a year. My dealer has sold these bikes for 10 years and told me that they have gone under however restarted again with investors help the next day. This process is common for companies to shed debt which was Raga and other ideas. Dealer can get new bikes if needed.
2017 6 days 300sef-r w/DalSoggio and flow (Stolen), 2016 XTrainer w/Rekluse & KYB's, 2014 Husky FE250
Ohio, USA

papa_j

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 09:38:58 AM »
Last minute?? It's been about a year.
About a year?  It's been at least since 2012 with the whole air filter issue and the long delay in bike shipments that year.  Gas Gas has lost a lot of momentum.
Farmington, NM, USA

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 11:17:35 AM »
I think what Moto7 was talking about is that the members on GGRC were told over and over that this whole bankruptcy thing was a "card game" or "chess match" between the owners and banks but now it looks like the real thing. And, yes, dealers can get 2015 motorcycles but there are very few customers who are willing to take a chance on buying a bike unless it's a real steal......waaaaay under dealer cost. And the chances of GG having a 2016 model look pretty slim. Basically Sherco, Beta and GG are competing for the buyers who won't buy an orange bike for whatever reason. Now they've taken themselves out of contention for that buyer except for a really small hardcore group. That group has just gotten smaller due to being misled about the real circumstances.
Anyway....that's my read on what he meant.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:19:59 AM by Clay »
Clay Stuckey
Tennessee, USA

bikepoor

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 12:05:08 PM »
So. Now that this door has been opened. Does anyone know where can I trade a 2010 EC300 Nambotin and a 2011 EC300 Six Days on a Sherco 300 2t or 450?  >:( ;D

gasrider17

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Nova Scotia Off Road Riders Association
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »
Last minute?? It's been about a year.
About a year?  It's been at least since 2012 with the whole air filter issue and the long delay in bike shipments that year.  Gas Gas has lost a lot of momentum.

Their momentum ship sailed in 2002 when they released the 4 stroke that was not ready. They have never recovered from that.
2015 Sherco SER 300 Factory
Nova Scotia, Canada

scottyr

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 05:18:06 AM »
I sold a ton of GG in my days as a dealer and hate to see them go away, but they have brought everything upon themselves.  The management of this company cant even go broke properly.  I feel bad for the US Management team as I truly believe they were misled as well by the Spaniards.  Whatever happens to GG is anyones guess?  There is no question someone will pick up the pieces and buy whats left of the company.  Its just a matter of who and what they actually want.  If it was me I would move all the production to Asia and keep the RD in Europe.  I could see the new owner abandoning the enduro bikes even if it was for a year or 2 so they can get their house in order and give them some time to redevelop a new platform. 

gasrider17

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Nova Scotia Off Road Riders Association
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 06:10:58 AM »
2011 was by far the best enduro bike they ever built. I'd go back to that model and refine it a bit. Maybe KYB suspension and lighten things up a bit. They also own the Italian husky 250/310 motor. Refine that some too and they would would be on solid ground with the trials bikes. I'd keep production in Europe, if Sherco and Beta can be successful in Europe then why not GasGas. 
2015 Sherco SER 300 Factory
Nova Scotia, Canada

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 06:17:15 AM »
For once I think Scott is right. ;)
 Mark Berg didn't tell GGRC guys lies about the card game. He was lied to by GG management. Mark's a good guy and always shot straight with me.
Clay Stuckey
Tennessee, USA

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 06:18:45 AM »
So. Now that this door has been opened. Does anyone know where can I trade a 2010 EC300 Nambotin and a 2011 EC300 Six Days on a Sherco 300 2t or 450?  >:( ;D
You might call Donnie Graham in Senatobia, MS. 662 562 8711
Clay Stuckey
Tennessee, USA

weantright

• Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 06:28:29 AM »

Can you trade at any non large multi dealer anymore?? Seems locally here no one takes trades and the ones that do want the mainstream brands.
2017 6 days 300sef-r w/DalSoggio and flow (Stolen), 2016 XTrainer w/Rekluse & KYB's, 2014 Husky FE250
Ohio, USA

bikepoor

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 06:56:43 AM »

Thanks, I called him and we are trying to work something out. Thanks Clay. If you receive 450 friday, when would it be ready for a ride?

Moto7man

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 10:55:28 AM »
I think what Moto7 was talking about is that the members on GGRC were told over and over that this whole bankruptcy thing was a "card game" or "chess match" between the owners and banks but now it looks like the real thing. And, yes, dealers can get 2015 motorcycles but there are very few customers who are willing to take a chance on buying a bike unless it's a real steal......waaaaay under dealer cost. And the chances of GG having a 2016 model look pretty slim. Basically Sherco, Beta and GG are competing for the buyers who won't buy an orange bike for whatever reason. Now they've taken themselves out of contention for that buyer except for a really small hardcore group. That group has just gotten smaller due to being misled about the real circumstances.
Anyway....that's my read on what he meant.

Clay is right on point, that is exactly how a lot of GG riders feel about the situation. I commend Clay on what a great job he did with GG. It was never the same after Clay departed.  Its an unfortunate situation and they made it worse by handling it poorly. Their overall mgmt decisions were terrible and they were making really stupid decisions in the last few months as well, Imho. It has alienated some very diehard customers who will spend their money on another brand.

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 12:23:09 PM »

Thanks, I called him and we are trying to work something out. Thanks Clay. If you receive 450 friday, when would it be ready for a ride?

When we get it it will be ready to go in about 15 minutes!  ;)
I just emailed the guys handling this shipment to get an eta and will let you know what I find out.
Clay Stuckey
Tennessee, USA