Author Topic: Sherco Dakar 2016  (Read 9539 times)

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
Re: Sherco Dakar 2016
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 08:26:17 AM »

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 06:12:31 PM »

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 07:38:48 AM »
Duclos finished the first real day of racing in 4th position, and Pedrero in 9th position. Running with the big dogs!

shearboy

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Alleypac
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 08:08:05 AM »
So good to see! Even their water carrier is doing good !

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 01:15:41 PM »
Prologue yesterday

Duclos

Pedrero

Pedrero on stage 2

from Duclos FB

Good evening to all!
Well, the most important thing for me was to resume of good feeling with the bike and, then, to take the good wagon.... On types of tracks that I especially like (steep, winding, slippery) and it's things done!
I'm really glad today and the result.
I didn't know that I was 2th in ravito essence (even if i felt good... ), So I calmed the game on the 2th part to stay put. If I had known, I might have tried the stage victory, for fun...!!!
But hey, that's not the point. The main thing is to be well placed and feel exceptionally well on my sherco!
See you tomorrow!

From Pedreros fb:

Already in the camp painting the road book. Complicated stage with winding and fast tracks. We have found an area with a lot of mud and water. We have made an attempt to attack but I finally loosened a little to keep you there are still many days.
Stage happy with the result today !!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:22:57 PM by VxZeroKnots »

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2016, 07:10:12 AM »
Duclos 9th and Pedrero 11th for todays stage before penalties have been calculated. Duclos ended up in 3rd yesterday after speeding violations from other riders.

The stage was great. I rode really carefully and rode safe. The stage was a little bit dangerous because in the mountains you really have to stay focused all along the stage. Otherwise, if you make any mistake then it could mean serious damage. So I stayed focused and rode calmly. Finally, I enjoyed it and the result seems to be pretty good. I think the top guys are finishing right after me so let's wait a few minutes and we will see if I'm in the top ten, then I would be happy. It could be a good ranking for starting tomorrow

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2016, 07:27:34 AM »
Perdrero:

I did not make any mistakes, the course was fairly easy to navigate, I'm not fully in sync yet, but the bike is efficient and handles great, so all is well. I'm happy with my placing ... for tomorrow it will be a great advantage

Florent:

You saw the 300 meters of mud. It was a bottleneck with barbed wire on one side and tall grass on the other. Those who have tried the barbed wire had to pay full price. I went through the grass and it was definitely the best option. Otherwise, the suspensions on the bike are magical. They let you take turns gliding or straight up, nothing moves and everything remains connected. It's a real treat to ride a factory bike

shearboy

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Alleypac
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 10:35:10 AM »
I'm liking where the Shercos are placed right now , none of them going balls to the walls as yet and just settling in to a good safe pace !

http://www.trackingdakar.nl/index.php?page=overall&stand=V

Two Shercos in the top 10 !!

http://www.trackingdakar.nl/index.php?page=summary

Quote from ADV---While things are just getting started it does look like this is a different race from years past. Only 5 minutes separating the top ten riders. Making up the top ten are three Hondas, three KTMs, two Shercos, and two Husky. It's still a wide open competition.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 12:26:17 PM by shearboy »

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 12:19:51 PM »
Pedrero got a pretty hefty speeding penalty today and was bumped to 24th on the stage.

shearboy

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Alleypac
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 12:27:02 PM »
Pedrero got a pretty hefty speeding penalty today and was bumped to 24th on the stage.

Shit ! he had made up some good places !!!

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2016, 02:50:04 PM »
Speeding penalties in a race!   :)
Clay Stuckey
Sherco Offroad  www.shercooffroad.com
email: clay@shercooffroad.com
cell: 615 347 6519
Tennessee, USA

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2016, 09:31:43 PM »

Next you're going to tell all the youngsters about how in your day there were time keepers and all these sprint enduros are for softies

;)

Clay

• Global Moderator
  • Vet
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2016, 08:31:21 AM »

Next you're going to tell all the youngsters about how in your day there were time keepers and all these sprint enduros are for softies

;)

Let me tell you you young whipper snapper, back in my day......    ;D
Clay Stuckey
Sherco Offroad  www.shercooffroad.com
email: clay@shercooffroad.com
cell: 615 347 6519
Tennessee, USA

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2016, 12:17:19 PM »
Another couple of decent results in marathon stage 2 Duclos 10th OA

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2016, 07:16:40 AM »
Sherco is still hanging in there. Duclos is 6th on stage with only one more waypoint to go.