Author Topic: 290 X-Ride  (Read 91965 times)

Weasel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 290 X-Ride
« Reply #270 on: January 02, 2021, 08:27:53 PM »
and while I was in there, I opened up the tiny oil drain hole to maybe speed up the oil change process a bit.  Not sure why they didn't just do that to start with, would have taken 5 seconds extra.  Almost doubled the hole size.

Rapid City, South Dakota
2014 X-Ride

Harry Potter

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 17, 2021, 06:53:34 PM »
Nice write up and photo documentation Weasel. This thread started by Rosco is the best source of information on the X-Ride anywhere. If the TRS X-Track can get E-Start why didnít Sherco put on their thinking cap for the X-Ride?  With the new Texas importer a lot of Trials Riders are switching to TRS.
I'm in the basket, a "Reprobate."

Kikemariana

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 12, 2021, 09:27:05 AM »
Reviving this forum. I have a Scorpa T Ride, which is essentially the X Ride with a Yamaha WRF 250 4 stroke engine tuned for more torque. When Scorpa was acquired by Sherco, they plugged their 280 2 stroke into the chassis and created the X ride. I was trying to find an X ride fork triple clamps, as mine are from the first model (2008) with one bolt upper clamp and two bolts lower clamp, whereas my understanding, looking at the spare parts book, is that the X ride has a two bolts upper clamp and a three bolts lower clamp, more rigid. I have looked at spare parts shop in the internet, to no avail. Would anyone happen to know where can I find one?. I would be happy with a second hand unit, if someone has changed the forks, or even with only the upper clamp, which is the flimsier one. Forks are the same (39 mm Marzocchi), so it should be a straightforward transplant

Read Valve

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: March 01, 2021, 12:50:07 PM »
Hope this isn't considered off-topic:  Is there a "Buy/Sell" or "Marketplace" section on this forum?  I'm in the market for a 290 X-Ride, and live in NYS.  Thanks!

kkim

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: April 12, 2021, 02:09:01 PM »
2012 X-Ride. Does anyone know where to get a rear master cylinder for this bike? Part #, if you have one, would be greatly appreciated.
2012 Sherco X-Ride, 2007 CRF230F converted for D/S, 2015 Beta Xtrainer 300

ejfranz

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 19, 2021, 07:37:49 PM »
Bought a 2020 Scorpa T-Ride in December and have been looking for a group to discuss upgrades and mods.
I have put 700 km on it so far, 2/3 of that has been hard single track.

I have added a spring return to the rear brake pedal as I have already gone through a set of pads.
At 500 km I found the trials tire were no longer providing the traction I needed. I used a tread doctor to re-shape and sipe the knobs and got another 150 km, but found I wanted more traction.
Also at 500 km I put on an O-ring chain.
I have a Shinko Cheater MX216 on the front (2 rides) and a Motoz Gummy mountain hybrid on the rear (1 ride).
I have also gone with the tubeliss system front and rear. I started with a rim lock on the front, but wanted to run 3-5 psi and was having issues with tire slipping on the rim.

Loving the bike, but not thrilled with the rear brake assembly. I have already bent the pedal twice.

What mods have people done?

I rarely use 1st gear so has anyone put a larger sprocket on the front? (looks like there is not a lot of room)
2020 Scorpa T-Ride, 2015 Suzuki VStrom 650, 1996 Yamaha DT200