Author Topic: bash plate issue  (Read 2076 times)

deanus

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
bash plate issue
« on: January 27, 2016, 04:03:17 PM »
Has any one ripped their bash plate off ? i have a 2015 sefr 300 factory and i may have ripped it clean off last weekend..  not exactly sure how it popped off.. i was rocking back and forward over a root on a steep rutted out hill so i think the back end caught and those clips detached at the back and then it just pulled the front mount through the frame !  any fixes for this problem !? aside from buying a different bash plate haha
2015 Factory SEF-R 300
VIC Australia

baker

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: bash plate issue
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 04:06:07 PM »
I have ripped mine off of 2 different bikes several times. I just stick it back on and it stays for a good while. Just make sure the metal bracket on the front doesn't get bent out where it hooks over frame. Usually it comes loose and just slides back. I haven't had it fall completely off the bike

deanus

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 04:55:19 PM »
yeah i bent that bracket.. had to bend it back.. my mates bash plate half came off on the same part.. plastic bash plate on 2016 fe450 husqvarna
2015 Factory SEF-R 300
VIC Australia

devans

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 03:07:12 PM »
You could try drilling a couple of small holes in the rear and fixing the bash plate to the frame with wire or cable ties.
2015 300 SEF-R Factory
Australia

deanus

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 10:29:18 PM »
yeah I'm thinking cable ties.. if that doesn't work then ill try something else more properly engineered  8)
2015 Factory SEF-R 300
VIC Australia

Womble9

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 03:03:30 AM »
I attached my bracket to the frame with a long cable tie wrapped / crisis crossed over it and a few blobs of glue from a glue gun. Made it way easier to re fit the bash plate after oil changes as prior to fixing it in place the bracket would slide down the frame when you offered the bolt up to it.
2014 Factory SE300.
Leeds (not so sunny), England.

VxZeroKnots

• Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 07:43:33 PM »
I bought a b&b unit out of aus. It is far superior to the stock one and prevents your frame rails from dents as well.